Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

In Memory of Steven Vlahon (SarasotaRed)

Old 01-30-2005, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Memory of Steven Vlahon (SarasotaRed)

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Steven passed away this afternoon.

I can't tell you what I feel, but that It is unimaginable that I will never be able to talk to Steven or share any time in our unending friendship. At this time I am in denial with the reality that I will not be able to see my dear friend ever again.

I myself thought of him as pillar of strength, a man with a positive attitude even when the news was not so great. I know he was a man of deep religous conviction and it was his faith that made him a person I would striive to emulate. He truly was a righteous man!

I remember Steven contacting me on this site and inviting me to a little get together he was having. I'm not really one that actually gets into the club thing and his get together was the same day as my birthday. As Carol and I drove up to Sarasota we debated whether we should stop or not, oh what the heck! We made the turn instead of going to the restaurant. That night was the nigth that sealed a number of friendships that is stronger than ever to this day,

Guy (LondonRam) I think put it most eloquently, "what started as a sports car club transcended into a long lasting friendship" Vivian, Steven's wife would go further to say that we are family and I for one am honored to be considered as such.

I am posting some pictures of Steven, I've seemed to have misplaced some of my pictures, but here are a few and if other members have pics of Steven at different events, please post them.

With regard to Funeral arrangements, I will post as soon as I hear more

Steven is on the left, I'm sorry that it's not that clear, but I will post more

Old 01-30-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - so sorry to hear the news.
May God be with his family during this time of grief.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to here, I did not get to meet him I am still new I guess. Try to take peace in knowing he is in a better place.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:45 PM

Our condolences to his family.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:45 AM

I just emailed him on Friday to see if I could come visit. I hope he at least got my email and was able to read it.

I never met anyone that smiled as much as Steven. Always cheerful and never had a bad thing to say about anything. Always positive in his situation, just a great person.

Man, this is sad news. Please keep us informed of the funeral date/time.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:57 AM

01/31/05

May you Rest in Peace Steven. We will really miss you.

You fought the cancer bravely for 3 years and you were always full of life and optimism even when you had to endure such excruciating pain. Cheryl and I will remember you for your words. You always had a great way to express yourself and you wrote so eloquently. What a gift!

We too remember being invited to your home in Sarasota via the internet and we also were skeptical. So here we find ourselves, 3 years later, having bonded beyond a car with people that have become more than friends.

Yesterday, was a very tough day for sure. I trust in the next few days and months we will remember the good and sweet times.

Sweet dreams for now.

Cheryl and Guy
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 AM

Man, I can't believe it. My heart goes out to Vivian. I'm sorry for her loss.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 AM

Steven was such a kind man. He always had a smile on his face. My condolences to Vivian and his family.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. May God be with Steven's family.
Don
Old 01-31-2005, 06:07 AM

Truly sad news. It should make us all look at our lives...we could learn a lot from Steven.

Quick Reply: In Memory of Steven Vlahon (SarasotaRed)