S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Don't ever give Mastergrade your business...

Old 04-14-2006, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't ever give Mastergrade your business...

Okay... here's the story and pics of the lip.
Placed an order on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 for an 04/05 CF front lip from Mastergrade. I didn't receive a tracking number by that Friday so I called.

Mastergrade - "It was shipped out yesterday (Thursday, March 30, 2006) so you should be receiving it soon."
Me - "Can you send me a tracking number via email so I know when to expect it."
Mastergrade - "Yes, I'll send it to you."

Never received a tracking number. Contacted them on Monday (April 3, 2006) and
there was no answer, so I left a voicemail asking for the tracking info. Never got a call back. So I let a few days go buy and Saturday (April 8, 2006) rolls around and still no lip. Sent an email and called again, still no answer and left another voicemail. Went over the weekend and still no contact back from Mastergrade.

Monday (April 10, 2006) - Called from my number without blocking - no answer. Called and blocked my # from caller ID and they answered.

Mastergrade - "Yeah, actually your lip hasn't shipped out yet because I can't find a box for it." ( are you kidding me?)
Me- "A box? You have had more than enough time to find a box. There's no excuse why my lip should not be here if you shipped it out like you said you did."
Mastergrade - "I'm sorry, but give us a call tomorrow (Tuesday, April 11, 2006) by the end of business and we will have a tracking number for you."

Tuesday (April 11, 2006) - called all day and no answer

Wednesday (April 12, 2006) - called all day and no answer. So, my g/f lives in knoxville, so she has a different area code (just to see if they would answer)... She called and, what do ya know, yep, they answered.

my g/f told them who she was and requested tracking info for the lip
Mastergrade - "Let me get your name and phone number and I will call you back within five minutes.
2 hours rolls by and still no contact back.

Thursday (April 13, 2006) - @ about 3pm CST I receive a call and it's actually mastergrade.

Mastergrade - "Hal, we are overnighting your lip to you today and I just wanted to let you know. BTW, can I have your address one more time?"
Me - "Why do you need my address again? I already gave it to you once. You know what never mind (then gave my address)."
Mastergrade "Okay thanks, Hal. We will be contacting you back within 1 and 1/2 hours with your tracking information."

2 and 1/2 hours go by and no call. So I called them.

Mastergrade - "Yeah it was shipped out, but I don't have the tracking number on me right now. Can I call you back within the hour?"
me - "Sure just actually call me back."

2 hours later they called with the tracking info.
It arrived today and this is the condition of the lip. This is why to never by from Mastergrade. You get horrible service with no customer service skills @ all and a completely useless lip. Needless to say, 2 days before today (Wednesday, April 12, 2006) I called my bank and got the charge reversed and had my money back within 2 hours. Good thing I did, because i would have some serious issues get my money back if I had this many problems actually getting the lip.

Oh... and I tried calling them today (April 14, 2006) and it goes straight to voicemail, which says " the voicemail box of (the number) is full."
I don't see how this guy is still in business.

Anyways... here are the pics...

Old 04-14-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been so many of these posts about how horrible Mastergrade's quality and customer service are. Thanks for the post, it's good to remind people not to give them business. Hopefully word of mouth will make them either go bankrupt or put their act together.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:47 PM

I don't understand how this guy is still in business. Why not start a class action suit. File BBB claims and whatnot to SHUT this guy down once and for all!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zangerzone,Apr 14 2006, 04:47 PM
I don't understand how this guy is still in business. Why not start a class action suit. File BBB claims and whatnot to SHUT this guy down once and for all!
currently filing a claim with the BBB
Old 04-14-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe we have said many times not to do business with these guys.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by gomarlins3,Apr 14 2006, 04:59 PM
I believe we have said many times not to do business with these guys.
yeah... now I know. to be honest with you, I hadn't heard anything about it until I talked to a friend from the board on the phone last week... oh well. I have my money back and a damaged lip... He's just sh*t out of luck.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:04 PM

Drive down there - light building on fire at night - let it burn, you'll feel better

But seriously that sucks man.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:07 PM

well, put me in the never shop there group
Old 04-14-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by JEFFOS69,Apr 14 2006, 05:04 PM
Drive down there - light building on fire at night - let it burn, you'll feel better

But seriously that sucks man.

i live in TN... they are in CA...
I would go down there if I live around there. I just can't believe someone would ship something like this. It's funny... I guess I would be pissed If I was out $500, but I already got it back.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=S2KEvolution,Apr 14 2006, 04:02 PM] yeah... now I know. to be honest with you, I hadn't heard anything about it until I talked to a friend from the board on the phone last week... oh well. I have my money back and a damaged lip... He's just sh*t out of luck.

Quick Reply: Don't ever give Mastergrade your business...