S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Wildcardtrd ITB install completed

Old 11-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wildcardtrd ITB install completed

Before I get started, I would like to thank 2nrwerks in Tampa for the tremendous effort and beautiful job they executed on my car for me. Todd and Rick are absolutely class act guys, and I would strongly encourage any of you to seek them out for your custom jobs or performance needs. I could not be happier with them, as a customer.

Now about the itb's. It's really hard for the pictures, videos, and even the dyno to describe the feeling of driving a car with itb's. Nothing really does them justice until you experience them first hand. These things kick ass. Under part throttle, no load or little load situations (normal driving), they quietly sip away, barely audible. Put a little load on them, and they reward you with a nice deep but not loud gurgle. Drive around with and staying out of vtec, you can seriously tell the difference. The gas petal requires almost no throttle pressure to maintain speed, even at highway speeds. Cold starts without a idle air control valve can be improved with creative tuning of AFR's and timing in the start and low rpm fuel and timing cells in the AEM.

Now the good part. Under WOT, this thing is an absolute animal. With the air horns just inches away from my hood vents, this car has an absolutely maniacal wail to it. I've never experienced the instantaneous explosion of power available at downshifting into vtec like with this setup. Due to the massive volumes of air it inhales now, we were able to dial down VTEC to 4800 rpm...the results are more than I could have wished for. We picked up 20 rwhp at 4800 rpm, and hold a very nice, fat delta all the way to where we peak off, right around 8000 rpm, where my stock exhaust bottlenecks the flow enough to keep my peak power just barely above where it was before. Not a big deal, since it gets there a crapload faster than it did before. First and second gear go by very fast, as I was able to keep up with Todd's NSX thru both first and second (not counting the jump on the launch he got).

Pics of the final install and dyno screen are below. ***EDIT*** Please note that the green dyno line is not a stock baseline, it is the plot of my vehicle after having just the AEM EMS installed and tuned on the car when it was stock. The gains seen here are above the gains of just the AEM. My bone stock baseline was done on a different dyno, but this dyno here is to show the difference JUST the itb's make over a fully tuned AEM EMS on a stock car. There was no torque plotted since the dyno's rpm pickup was broken. I will plot a torque curve in excel tomorrow and photoshop it onto the dyno. Torque is simply (horsepower/rpm)*5252 (Thanks Rick ). I have some very large .avi files for videos, but I need a place to upload them. Youtube does not accept that file type or the size of 2 of the videos.

All in all, I have to say I am 100% satisfied with this modification, as now, my car is immensely quicker, more responsive, torquey, and more powerful than it was before. As long as I keep out of WOT, it sips at the gas too

Without further ado:

Enjoy! Comments welcome...except on filter suggestions. I am already in the works on that, so don't beat that dead horse please.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did these cost you, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like they do the trick and then some.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 PM

I got the kit for $1510 shipped on ebay, fpr for $110, around $150 for misc crap, and then a reasonable amount for the install and tune.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:19 PM

Wait so did you do a baseline dyno?? I thought the high 190s to 210 is baseline for a stock???
Old 11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job Nate...so looks like with a J's header and a 70mm exhaust you should conservatively reach 230-235 whp.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:26 PM

no luck with my videos either. my smallest is 44mb. As far as the AF ratio, we went by AEM's log off the UEGO it's much smoother. We held a 12.8-13.0 AF from 2500 rpm up to 9200. Sounds awesome and drives nice.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Very nice. What are your next mods? I'm guessing header + 70mm exhaust? Are you going to try the Berk header? Oh, and couldn't you guys safely run 13.5-13.8 AFR?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2NRWRNCH,Nov 5 2006, 10:26 PM
no luck with my videos either. my smallest is 44mb.
Todd...streetfire.net will allow you to upload up to 500mb.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:43 PM

I love ITB's... I would like to hear them in your video. Very nice.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A very interesting project but I like to know if you could please reduce the size of the images to some reasonable size (640x480?) and what are your impressions. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you gained 2HP.

Quick Reply: Wildcardtrd ITB install completed