The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

▒▒▒░░░ WashabiS2K's Build Thread! ░░░▒▒▒

Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Post ▒▒▒░░░ WashabiS2K's Build Thread! ░░░▒▒▒

With so many build threads being created, I thought I might as well start one for my current build and show you guys a little bit about the history of the car. Originally, I purchased the car about 2 and a half years ago, at the ripe young age of 18. Bought the car for $17,000 as a bone stock MY02 AP1 with 28.5k miles on her. Here are some pics I took the day I brought the car home

July 2006
purchased the HKS exhaust a week before I picked up the car

then I purchased a front lip and got my first set of rims, SSR Competitions

after a month or two, the problems started occurring and I almost traded the car in for a 93 RX7... first off, I hit a small curb, which ended up bending my new set of SSR's.

December 2nd, 2006
In doing so, my power steering went haywire and stopped working evidently. Then, the car got sideways through a corner because some idiot ran the stop sign in front of me while I was entering the turn and caused me to lock up my brakes in mid-corner.. I ended up sliding, going over an island, sliding across opposing lanes (fortunately with no one coming in the opposite direction) and up another curb into a big bush.
Popped a tire, completely pulled a tire off a rim, scratched up and dented the side of the car, broke a control arm, and fuxxored the alignment pretty badly... However, luckily, I was on my stock rims so I was able to put my SSR's back on a limp the car to the shop to have it repaired.

January, 2007
however, this occurrence allowed me to go with a new setup, since panels were going to be repaired and painted anyway. I got the GP Sports front bumper, along with GP sports sideskirts, and my first set of suspension: Koni Yellow Shocks with Espelir Springs. I also took the time to swap out my headlight lenses for a set of cleared AP1 lenses.

May, 2007
attended my first "car show" here in SF. Didn't win anything though but seeing the other cars that were there fueled my new obsession with JDM.

Sept, 2007
after a few months and some parts here and there, I eventually went supercharged and got some cf goodies.. Also got a stage II clutch setup, along with a T1R 63 v2

After a few weeks, I got tired of the look of exposed CF, so I sold my CF trunk and had my CF Hood painted. After thanksgiving, a couple of my cousins and whatnot really liked my car, but they told me with the added power, I should upgrade the brakes. So I picked up my first BBK and another set of rims: Work XD9's. Along with my first set of Project Kics R26 Neo Chrono's and my KW Variant 3's

January 2008
and then I surprised the other local Bay Area owners by showing up at one of the largest car meets in the Bay

February 2008
picked up my authentic Mugen Hardtop and my Bride Zeta III's
I also dropped my car off at Blacktrax, a local shop here in the bay area, to build my new engine setup: a custom one-off FMIC setup for my comptech supercharger, as well as boost it upto 8psi, using RC650cc injectors and tuning with an AEM EMS 1052. I also decided to throw in a new T1R 70 EM-L to see what kind of power it would make. After throwing it on the dyno, we were able to churn out 330whp & 230wtq at 8 psi.

March 2008
Attended Hot Import Nights here in San Mateo, repping for Mach III

April 2008
Attended my first track day event at Laguna Seca Raceway

May 2008
picked up my second set of BBK

also picked up my second set of rims of 2008

July 2008

August 2008
picked up my ASM exhaust... this is where the ASM obsession begins x_x

September 2008
Started building my new setup.
picked these parts up:
-ANOTHER set of BBK

-Amuse Hi-Tech Dampers (Race-Spec)

-INGs Rear Bumper

-Another bride seat and 4 pt cage

Nov 2008
Second track day at Laguna Seca Raceway

then, decided to upgrade the audio setup finally! (one of my favorite mods thusfar)
Pioneer Head Unit, Infinity Speakers and Component Tweeters, Monster Cable Wiring, Alpine Amplifier, Alpine 10" Subwoofer, Rockford Capacitor, and Flush Sub Box... All for under $350 installed! Installed everything myself, with the help of a friend or two, and a buddy of mine sold my the amp in perfect shape for $50!!! He also threw in all the wiring, which was just enough to complete the entire setup!

NOW!
new setup in the works!
New Front Bumper, New Rear Bumper, New Front Fenders, New Overfenders, New Rims, New Wing, New Swaybars. should be done in a few months... I'm just waiting on some more pieces to come in. Here are the pieces that have arrived thus far though, stay tuned for updates!
ASM Swaybar Set (F&R)

ASM Rear Overfenders & my New Concave Volks

Stay Tuned For Updates!

I'm shooting for a magazine feature/cover when I get the car back from the shop with everything done.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome work, I can't wait to see the latest installation finished. Those Volks are money!!! What size did you end up getting?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soo fresh Brian!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wow awesome build man.
Cant wait to see your new setup.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:41 PM

Nice can you give me one of your BBK set-ups since you have 3
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM

awesome story line, you should make a movie
Old 12-15-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work bud.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:56 PM

nice! always liked your setups. only one thing tho, door caps would be nice with gp side skirts.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Really love how it looked on last Laguna Seca !
Old 12-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Damnnnnnnn!!!!!

Quick Reply: ▒▒▒░░░ WashabiS2K's Build Thread! ░░░▒▒▒