Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

*** 2010 Summer Meet (Poker Run) ***

Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down *** 2010 Summer Meet (Poker Run) ***

I am thinking of organizing a big S2000/NSX event here on the island for next year. Not sure but probably in the early fall just as the summer season ends.

I am thinking of something to raise money for a charity, something like a poker run. It would be a weekend event with a large car meet say on the Friday night in Victoria, with a poker run on the Sunday perhaps ending up in Courtney (Possibly Mt Washington). Either a dinner in a reserved restaurant OR a banquet hall that is catered. The banquet would involve prizes for the poker run.

I was thinking of charging a small admission or perhaps a food donation to enter, and trying to get some sponsor ship from local "auto related" companies to see if we can get money or some swag for the Sunday dinner awards type evening.

I wanted to work with some hotels as well to pre-arrange some rooms for people coming. We could extend invitations to Vancouver, and PACNW members so we can get a huge amount of owners.

Of course to organize this we need to start early and I am going to require some help. What I would like to do is arrange for a meeting with whomever is interested so we can discuss the idea and throw around some more ideas.

Jason if would like to be involved please step up so we have someone representing the NSX crew from the Island. Please let me know who might be interested in helping or if you own a business, sponsoring such an event.

I think the event would be a weekend event with a car meet and greet on a Friday evening, with the Poker Run on a Saturday and the awards Saturday evening, then a possible cruz back to Victoria (Ferries) on the Sunday stoping for lunch somewhere).

Questions would be should we invite other car clubs? What type of sponsor ship can we get? Where should we go and how can we raise money from this event for either a food bank or something like that (cash entry vs. food donation entry).

Anyway if we start this early enough we can surely put on a half decent event. Come on step up and help me to show our island owners can put together an event that is as good or better than the Epic Meet of November 15th 2008. I would love to get 75+ cars out.

PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE HERE: http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com

I will post this in the PACNW forum as well.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 PM

Seventy-one readers and no one wants to help with this? Well actually Mickeys2000 has stood up and want to pitch in. How about comments of interest, is anyone interested in this type of event? Who would come?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 PM

I am interested, but with the massive homecoming meet most likely being in september as well, I only have time for one big ass meet,

and yes i know the island is much closer, but a road trip down to cali with a bunch of S2k's is something i would be hard pressed to pass up
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great Dave. Since some will be in socal we need an event for people that cannot make it that far. So we are interested in a meet/cruise it may have to be two seperate events, maybe the dates will have to be rehashed or something that way everyone can attend something. We will help out where we can, just looking for a great cruise. John & Donna
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 PM

I may revisit the date then..., I want to have it in the off season but before it gets too late in the year. I don't want to pick a date until I have talked to a couple of places.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm definitely interested.

Grandparents live on the island so any excuse to head over is a good excuse .

EDIT: I can help by shooting/documenting the entire event with photos and possibly video too.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:46 PM

^ that is what I was hoping you would say..., Thanks for the offer.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i should be around Victoria around then... i might be able to make this.. but ill let u know when it gets closer to the date
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM

I have just been in contact with Mt Washington and they are going to get back to me.

The date is still up in the air as I don't want to overlap with people going down to SoCal for the big homecoming meet, but it may have to be around that time..., Hopefully we can get some sponsor ship.

On that note I have started to contact some businesses around town to see if they might be interested in throwing in some swag or sponsor money.

^ Jackie any chance of getting some swag from your shop? Were going to open this up to Alberta, BC, and PACNW.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Discovery Honda in Duncan has confirmed support of this event in the form of sponsorship. Looking good so far.

Mickey check your PM's I have sent you something, and thanks for your offer of assistance.

Quick Reply: *** 2010 Summer Meet (Poker Run) ***