S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

A Kraftwerks & King Motorsports 6 month review

Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default A Kraftwerks & King Motorsports 6 month review

I began researching supercharger kits about 3 years ago for my 2006 S2000, like most everyone else, in search of more power. After reading many posts here on S2KI.com it seemed like Comptech (now CT Engineering) was the way to go. They have a good reputation and most people were very happy with what the kit produced. After I was relatively convinced to get this kit I began hearing about a new company called Kraftwerks (KW). I then began reading about them and then found out that Oscar Jackson was the head of this new company. Well, anyone who knows anything about Hondas should know Mr. Jackson’s history with modifying Hondas. Now Kraftwerks really had my attention.

I was now very intrigued with this kit and spent the next year plus making several calls to KW and reading reviews here on S2KI.com about it. Well, like any new product, history shows us that there can be small imperfections etc. with its initial release. I then thought it would be wise to read about others opinions’ of this kit, over the next year or so, prior to purchasing this kit.

After a bit more than a year had passed, I felt that I was well informed on this kit, and even though there were a few complaints about it, these “complaints” were not convincing enough to deter me from buying one. So I made the decision to purchase one.

The next quest was deciding whether or not to install this myself. Although I am experienced in many things with cars mechanically (I’ve installed everything on my S2k except this kit), I decided that this was not something to make a mistake on and decided to find someone who was more qualified. In comes King Motorsports.

Living in Wisconsin, I had heard of King Motorsports (KMS) many years ago when they were originally King Honda located in Greenfield WI (I used to live there). Throughout the years I have read several articles in magazines about them. One article in particular sticks out in my mind about an Integra Type R that they had built. In this article I remember the editor stating “I have driven many Integras that were faster, but never experienced one that ran as crisply as this one.” I'd made some purchases from KMS over the years and was happy with them, so I decided to contact them about this install.

In October of 2008, I called KMS in regards to having them install this kit and it just so happened that they had recently become a Kraftwerks dealer. For those who are not familiar with KMS, if they carry a product it is because they whole heartedly believe in it. Great, I was now 2 for 2 on this decision. After many calls and discussions with them, I had decided that this was who I wanted to have install this on my car.

April of 2009 came and it was time to get the car out of storage and down to KMS for the install. I got the car down to KMS at the end of the 2nd week of April. Due to a few delays, the install took a bit longer than originally discussed (not KMS’s or KW’s fault). I received my car back on May 16th 2009. On a side note…because there were unexpected delays (due to the original clutch vendor) KMS was very concerned about getting me my car back for my yearly spring cruise on May 16th. Because of this they personally delivered my car to me from where they are located in New Berlin WI to me in Baraboo WI (approx 125 miles away). This was very unexpected. I received the car that Saturday at 8:00am in time for the cruise!

“WOW! This is a completely different car!”...was my first thought after a few minutes of driving it! I felt like a kid at Christmas! Smooth power delivery, seemingly endless. Torque!...A Honda with torque! Very quiet blower whine! I thought, perfect! I was simply giddy for the remainder of that day! I now have more than 4000 miles on the kit and have done several more “upgrades” to the car to increase power; not that is needs it. I am just as happy today with this kit as the day I got it.

I have now dealt with Kraftwerks and King Motorsports several times over this past summer and have been very content with both companies’ levels of service. I can gladly recommend them both to anyone who has ever had questions about them.

I would like to thank Oscar Jr. and all at Kraftwerks for their excellent customer service and patience with me and all of my many phone calls to you. Please, continue to do what you do, I for one appreciate it!

Thank you to Mike, Eric, Tim, Robert (when you were there) and all at King Motorsports for your excellent customer service! You have done an excellent job on my car and have been very professional to me. Your level of installation detail is truly superb! I look forward to our continued relationship!

Thank you all again, Brian

Kraftwerks
http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/

King Motorsports
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/
Old 11-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

So jealous.

If I wasn't working on getting my car paid off right now I'd def be looking into a KW kit now. The savings fund has already started
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice review. I have had my kit on my 06' for a year now and it has been great.A couple of upgrades but nothing was ever an issue.Not really sure if I'm gonna bother with the Flash Pro though,the re-flash works pretty good on my car since its stock except for the KW kit.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05S2k02Si,Nov 14 2009, 01:42 PM
“WOW! This is a completely different car!”
My first thought after the breakin period and engaging WOT was "HOLLY SHIP This is a completely different car!"

J
Old 11-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I have been interested in this kit for awhile.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by archtop,Nov 14 2009, 02:04 PM
Nice review. I have had my kit on my 06' for a year now and it has been great.A couple of upgrades but nothing was ever an issue.Not really sure if I'm gonna bother with the Flash Pro though,the re-flash works pretty good on my car since its stock except for the KW kit.
Thank you!

Unless you are really looking for EVERY last HP out of your kit, you might not NEED to get re-tuned with Flashpro. My VTEC is now at 3800 and the transition is now very seemless.

Brian
Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by JakenBake,Nov 14 2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write that. I have been interested in this kit for awhile.
You are very welcome!

I believe in saying good things about companies when they deserve it...not just complaining about them when they do not.

Brian
Old 11-15-2009, 04:37 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Brian,

I am impressed with your car. You have done a great job with your car and so has King. They really know how to take car of there customers.

Dustin
Old 11-15-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R,Nov 15 2009, 08:37 AM
Brian,

I am impressed with your car. You have done a great job with your car and so has King. They really know how to take car of there customers.

Dustin
Thanks D!

Brian
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 AM

Vids?

Quick Reply: A Kraftwerks & King Motorsports 6 month review