Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Dragon/Skyway run March 21st, anyone interested?

Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dragon/Skyway run March 21st, anyone interested?

Sitting here bored at work and got to thinking about making a trip somewhat soon, and since the weather usually isnt to bad in March and also that'd give anyone if remotely interested enough time to get things squared away.

Sooooo, anyone possibly interested? If so, post up...

Time - 9:30am so we can hopefully have everyone ready to leave around 10am

Meeting Place - Steak-n-Shake on Shallowford Rd exit off of I-75 and corner of Gunbarrel Rd (I'll get the exit # in a few I forgot it). If you need any help finding it and the map doesnt help, just let me know.

http://www.mapquest.com/listings/Steak_...results_org_map

I know WTD is at the end of April, but that seems soooooo far away and plus this will give ya a chance to refresh your memory a few weeks before WTD haha.

The thread over on s2kca so you can see a few more are planning on making the trip as well...

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=34135

UPDATE 3/17/2010

From what i've gathered, the Dragon is still open just one side of it is blocked to get to it so we would have to make it a point to come in from the other side.

I believe this might be the best link with an update on the situation up there in the middle of the website.

http://www.dealsgap.com/

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?...&provider=gnews

If we didnt have enough luck with this situation, the weather has turned for the worst its looking like but of course you never know it could change tomorrow. It started out supposed to be in the 60's and sunny, now 50% chance of rain in the high 50's.

Soooo, what would the majority of people that were planning on the trip like to do? Postpone it until next Sunday and hope for the best with the weather? Or just hold out and see what the weather is going to do this Sunday? Because we very well could get lucky...

I know I gave up on listening to the weather when I started riding years ago because i'd cancel a trip because they claim its going to rain and sure enough it'd be a beautiful day and kicking myself in the butt for cancelling a ride.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, this sounds like fun. I'll be taking the S around the dragon next weekend, hoping to find lots of snow.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM

sounds fun, i will try and bring my camera and hopefully make it. my phone is dead, so just remind me next week when i get my new phone.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:37 AM

ToEnvy - Hopefully it'll be fun, looking like we should have a few guys so far (you should come cough cough ) Pshh, i'm jealous haha. Be careful out there man, especially if you do end up finding some snow.

MilleniumFalcon240 - Sounds good man, hopefully you can make it out.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 AM

10-4!!!! .......... Looking at the weather forecast for that weekend looks like there not going to be any snow so we are thinking of going a bit further north.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ToEnvy,Jan 19 2010, 09:56 AM
10-4!!!! .......... Looking at the weather forecast for that weekend looks like there not going to be any snow so we are thinking of going a bit further north.
where abouts!?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Not sure.. we are def. going to gatinburg (room has already been paid for) were think of doing the Smokey mt railroad tour or driving a little further up north for snow, but we shall see. Leaving friday around noon.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 AM

Looking forward to the trip, gotta get ready for spring. new brakes on the way and gotta tear into the diff and tranny for some head clearing maintenance shortly haha.

Is it March yet?

I think the cbr will be in the garage her heart out since shes never been looked over for a trip up there
Old 01-21-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ToEnvy,Jan 20 2010, 02:18 PM
Not sure.. we are def. going to gatinburg (room has already been paid for) were think of doing the Smokey mt railroad tour or driving a little further up north for snow, but we shall see. Leaving friday around noon.
i might have to come with, if the phone gets in. call me before you leave. if i pick up, i might have to tag along. how long?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM

talk to you tonight about it.

Quick Reply: Dragon/Skyway run March 21st, anyone interested?