S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

100 Shot of Nitrous with 2.2 Ap2 Motor

Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 100 Shot of Nitrous with 2.2 Ap2 Motor

Well...this is going to be a long and pictured filled thread be prepared! Skip to the end for dyno numbers. To start off I had parked my car for the winter and was deciding what to do with it after being Comptech Supercharged at 10psi water/meth last summer and selling it come fall. I wanted the extra power but didn't want it all the time because I realized I liked the n/a s2000 better can't beat the stock sound of the engine/vtec

I picked up a 2.2 ap2 motor with 6k miles on it, from a forum member from Maryland in December not to far from my location in PA. And got to work swapping my f20c motor out in mid-March. I took the front bumper off, both fenders, and the hood so I wouldn't ding or dent anything up ( I'm a safety nut for my paint job ) here below are some pictures I took while swapping everything over I won't go into detail how I did everything because there are already threads about motor swaps. The only real problem I had was getting the flywheel off my f20c the bolts got stripped and I wound up cutting an x into the heads of 5 or 6 of them and chipping the heads off to finally remove the flywheel.

Come late april-early may I started and finished installing my Zex Direct Port Setup into my car heres some pics and again if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them on how to do this...I opted to try and install the nitrous nozzles WITHOUT taking off the intake manifold because its such a pain so I rigged up my handy dandy shop vac to my throttle body and turned it on when I was drilling and tapping my intake manifold...this suprisingly worked EXTREMELY well and after I was done I checked the intake manifold for shavings and there was none. I cleaned up a wiring since some of these pics everything is hidden well and the switches are from left to right...bottle opener, bottle heater, purge, and the input switch for on/off for my Aem Ems.

Monday May 10th was my dyno day at Innovative Motor Works in Carlisle, PA...got down there got on the dyno and did my all motor tune and was getting ready for to spray the nitrous when this happened... DO NOT RUN YOUR NITROUS LINE UNDER THE CAR!!! I had it ran through the guts over the transmission etc...the line came down from the shaking of the dyno and HIT a driveshaft balancer and cracked it!!! Right through the stainless steel sheeth! Anyways couldn't finish dynoing now we tried to find another line locally but couldn't so I had to go home and order a new line. Came back that Friday ( today ) and got everything done

The setup...
2.2 liter Ap2 Motor
Zex Direct Port Nitrous Setup
100 Shot of nitrous
Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch
Ap1 Flywheel
Megan Racing Test Pipe
N1 muffler swap
Injen short ram intake with K&N cone
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Aem Ems 1052
Bottle pressure between 875-900 ( Zex Warmer wouldn't do anymore )
Zex Bottle Warmer
Zex Purge Kit
Zex Remote Bottle Opener
NGK 7405 ( 2 steps colder )

ALL MOTOR...
240.2 whp and 163.1 tq
Best NITROUS Run (before heat soak and getting through the bottle) I had was...........

341.1 whp and 281.3 tq

THIS DYNO ISN'T THE BEST RUN BUT WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA...vtec at 4800 rpms nitrous comes on at 5600 rpms and shuts off at 8000 rpms.
:

***The SAE (2004) is the most recent and is now considered the "standard" correction factor.

Just sprayed 2 pulls, 1st-4th pulls like a SOB...my 235/40/R18 HTR-Z tires are holding just fine only 1st gear punch has a little spin when nitrous comes on and the shift from 1st to 2nd has a little spin. But nothing serious. The torque difference from Supercharged 10psi to 100shot of nitrous is night and day...

I'll post some dyno's up then I don't have a scanner here at home...and they got wet in the rain so their drying I don't however have the best dyno run paper he only printed out the final pull which was heat soaked...lower bottle etc

I also forgot to mention I had to CUT the stock hood to make room for the direct port nozzles and lines because the hood wouldn't close...most people I see get the Earl's 45* and 90* elbows but I can't see myself honestly spending $100 plus for fittings

...I was orginally going to spray a 100 and 125 shot but since I got such good numbers with the 100 shot I opted against the 125 shot...and will be going back in September ( its a ways away ) for a 150 shot with race gas and fuel cell.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETQlWnHvIs [/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0bY0XGZAk [/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cB3WNDufg [/media]
Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty weak all motor numbers to be honest, especially from a dynopack. Is that because you have a nitrous tune with low timing?

At least the nitrous seems to be doing its job.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah idk, those numbers seem really low for a 2.4l. my s2k on a dynopack put down 230whp and 160tq, and im about to do a SOS TB.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM

the tune was setup mainly for the nitrous...conservative all motor tho.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:00 PM

ooo okay. that makes some sense. can you spray a 75 shot with stock timing on an s2k? i hope so lol. my air fuels are plenty good.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM

yeah 75 shot is the max tho without needing a tune
Old 05-14-2010, 04:14 PM

One question, knowing you were doing nitrous, why didn't you pull the intake manifold BEFORE you put the motor in the car?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen once with my line under the car. You would think a steel braided line would take a little abuse, but it won't.

Does your knee hit your switches? It looks like mine would. The kick panel that covers the ECU is a good spot for switches as well if you are having that problem.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by siadam,May 14 2010, 04:14 PM
One question, knowing you were doing nitrous, why didn't you pull the intake manifold BEFORE you put the motor in the car?
because I didn't have the nitrous kit yet when I installed motor and wanted to drive it before I got the nitrous kit
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer,May 14 2010, 04:18 PM
I had the same thing happen once with my line under the car. You would think a steel braided line would take a little abuse, but it won't.

Does your knee hit your switches? It looks like mine would. The kick panel that covers the ECU is a good spot for switches as well if you are having that problem.
well I'm not the only one then...I ran the next line through the interior....and my knees don't hit the switches and I'm 5'11

Quick Reply: 100 Shot of Nitrous with 2.2 Ap2 Motor