Inland Empire S2000 Owners Riverside, San Bernardino and Palm Springs area S2000 owners discussions and happenings

Need an AP2 Block...

Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an AP2 Block...

Hello fellow S2K owners,

I have a 2005 AP2 that I have babied since I bought. Couple months back I had an issue where my car engine would shut off when I was getting off a freeway or coming to a stop after the car was on for a while. I take good care of the car and there were no check engine lights or warnings comming form my car prior to this. No excessive heat and I do not track my car.

I brought it into a shop and thought it might have something to do with my clutch. The mechanic swiftly said it was my clutch and i bought a whole new clutch kit and flywheel. When i got my car back from the mechanic I found that, not only was my clutch not bled properly, but the car could not make it to the corner and was heavily misfiring and was in a condition that I have never experienced. I dropped the car off annd it has been almost 2 1/2 months and this is what I have bee told was wrong (after he found the clutch wasn't the issue...):

1. VTEC Solinoid
* This was found to be just fine once I had bought the new one. I asked about my timing chain tensioner and was told there are no problems there. Spark Plugs were determined to be okay

2. Compression Tests...
* Was originally told there was no issue here but then they removed the oil pan and found metal. Said it was a bearing and there was travel in one of my cylinders. Was told I need a Exhaust valve (because damaged) and 8 exhaust valve guides... I also bought more motor oil (Royal Purple)and filter. Did I mention that I needed to get a whole new gasket set?

3. New Engine Block
* I called them today because I needed an update on the car.Its been 2 months.... Now they are saying I need a new engine block. They say they have bored mine out trying to fix it and now he doesn't trust it to last a few months... I need to find one and quick because I would like my damn car back in the shape I kept it in. I cannot believe I am here with this issue and I still don't know what the issue was in the first place.

So I guess the reason for this post is I need a new AP2 block and I need to know where the best place to get one would be. Also, has anyone got any idea what might be the issue here? I feel these mechanics are very poor at their job but my car is all in parts and I dont know what to do from here. I plan on taking the car to Ballade Motorsports once this is out so I can get a real mechanics opinion on this. Currently I made the mistake of taking it to Purrfect Auto but I never thought it was going to turn into this!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a friend who is trying to sell a sleeved ap2 block. (darton sleeves) also has forged pistons and rods acl bearing pretty much complete bottom end