Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 10-25-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey everyone,

My name's Caleb, I'm new to the forum, I'm 19 and I just bought a salvaged titled 2001 s2k mid June and got it on the road late August. Salvage title is for unknown mileage which sucks but it still runs strong. When I bought it I had to replace the clutch and top, which was an absolute nightmare. But so far, I'm absolutely loving it. I use it as my daily so I don't know what I'm gonna do this winter haha cause I live in south jersey. But I've got big plans for it which include:
  • Ap2 front and back bumper conversion
  • Invidia N1 Exhaust
  • Bright White Vylnl Wrap
  • Bride low max seats
  • New Carpet (btw anyone know where I can get a new one? cause this one is torn bad)
  • New center console
  • New weatherstripping on almost everything
  • Turbo set up, maybe twins
  • Then finally a wide body set up of some sort
The builds gonna take some time and I plan to keep everyone posted on the progress of the build, which may stay soon if this guy buys my old car tomorrow so that I can buy the bumpers.

Just wanted to introduce my self though everyone, wish me luck
Old 10-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ...im a spanish s2k owner , my S have a 100k miles ,is a new formula red( painted in ferrari scuderia red) black interior ap1 ' 00
Engine mods: invidia test pipe , aftermarket catback ,fidanza light flywheel ,exedy clutch,spoon cai carbon snorkel + j's air cleaner,
chassis: bilstein coilovers ,spoon rigid collars
exterior: oz superleggera 17x8" in black + advan v105 , s2000cr lip, front/back restyle bumpers,new restyle soft top.
wiretuck: battery relocate , fuse box relocate in side fender,
interior : spoon/momo steering wheel ,bride zieg driver seat , spoon shift knob

Best regards s2ki community, sorry to my bad english byyeee
Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello! I'm Natasha - from Alberta, Canada.
I have a 2005 AP2 which I bought from the 3rd owner back in April of 2016. I decided it was time to buy what I consider to be the perfect Honda.
I've owned 2 Civics, a CR-Z and currently daily drive a CG3 Accord.
With it being October in Canada, it means my S2000 is in storage, and I miss it, hence why I wanted to post here and creep on all your S2K's and expand my knowledge on modifying my S2000 while it stays stored for the winter...

Sorry for lame introduction but here's a link for a picture of my car.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:10 PM

not an S2k intro.. but was an owner for a long while and was an active member and def still love the s2k!

from this, my 06 AP2 GPW/Red/Black S2000
Name:  IMG_9163.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  69.8 KB
the day before i sold her :/
Name:  IMAG1817.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  143.3 KB

then to this 2016 M4 Competition Package Mineral White Full SO interior 6MT took 3.5months for delivery for custom new orders...worth the wait
Name:  20160831_194419_zpszipg3n4p.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  154.6 KB
Name:  DSC03562_zpswtr6ppog.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  259.0 KB

i couldn't stay away from the white/red combo =P loved it on the GPW... so had to do it again on the ///M!

frKENm3 is my handle over at bimmerpost if anyone else owns an ///M as well.. or my IG= m.4play

love & miss the s2k community...

Cheers!
Old 10-27-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi everyone. My name is Ben, I recently sold my '13 FRS and picked up a clean AP1 (03) that just turned the 130,000 mile mark.

Other than that I have a 98 single cab Tacoma with 230,000. It's been to 42 of the 50 states, and off-road in most of them.

I don't have huge plans for modification. I want to put some miles on the damn thing. Track miles and road miles.

I'd like to turn a few sets of tires to smoke before I change anything too crazy. It's staying NA. I'm not going to ruin it.

ITB's are in my future, though.

I service my cars like they're irreplaceable. Consequently, mileage is just a number. I don't like low mileage. Sitting is bad for engines. I rev the S to 9000 rpm like it's new from the factory. I'm always listening for little noises, hints that something needs to be fixed or is about to go. Other than that, I don't sweat it too much. Too busy enjoying the hell out of it. If something fails, I'll fix it.

Few lessons learned from the FRS and other new cars I've owned... I do not like numb, rubber-insulated, remote mounted shifters.. Never had trouble, just hate the feel. It also feels great to be liberated from the dial-up throttle body. (My derisive nickname for drive-by-wire.) I'll take my cable and bellcrank thankyouverymuch.

My driving preferences are rooted in a lifetime of motorcycle riding. I've been spoiled by the directness, and responsiveness of everything on a bike. Regarding NVH; I don't care about noise, vibration doesn't trouble me, and what on earth is harshness? Hahaha.

Last edited by Spartarus; 10-27-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:39 PM

S2000 gang,

I got mine a couple months ago. It is a 2001 with 33k on it. So far it looks to be a great car. Red with black leather on the interior. This car will be added to the stable containing a 1992 Miata with 57k on it. The Miata is a great car too. The Honda just goes up hills better. By the time the Miata would be as good or close to the S2000 I could get a S2000. So that is what I did.

Over the past few decades I have spent more than enough time going to events on a schedule. Now I have these two cars and not much schedule. Turn the key about 6:30am, beat the bicyclist, and have no traffic. Back home by 9:00-9:30am and out of the way of exercise maniacs who want to play in traffic and Bubba on the way slowly anywhere. Yes sir. I am a blessed man.

Right now the plan is to get the needed updates done. Banjo bolts in the bottom along with a baffled pan. Then the AP2 retainers. That should get things prepped for the Spring. If work goes good some additional goodies could happen. Time will tell on that. No real hurry.

I am in the Piedmont area of NC. I have seen a few S2000 cars out and about. Two nice ones at Hwy 21 and the Parkway last Saturday. If anyone would like to get out for a drive I have a fairly flexible schedule.

Alan
Old 10-31-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello all, new owner from WV checking in. I picked up my new-to-me 2006 silverstone with red/black interior last week from Michigan. Not many S2000s in my area (I've only seen 2 locally).

For the past few years, my 2009 Civic Si has been my obsession. I purchased it as a practical option, after coming very close to picking up a Nissan Z instead. Decided to get something more practical and then later get something as a fun weekend car.

After being so impressed with the Civic (as well as past Honda's I've owned, including a 93 Prelude that I personally put 130k miles on) I decided I should see what the S2000 was about. After lots and lots of research, I couldn't find anyone with anything bad to say about them. No longer distracted by the thought of getting a Z, I set my sights on one day purchases my own S2000.

Well after 2 years of watching FS threads, autotrader, CL, etc.. I finally bought my S last week and I'm absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, I only have a couple weeks of acceptable weather left before it'll be parked for the winter, but that'll give me a chance to tidy it up and get ready for next season. Plan is to clean it up (top is a little rough, so going to pull that and the interior and get it all sorted) and leave it stock for next year (though I may end up with Flashpro before spring). I want to drive it, learn it, and then decide what direction to go.

Anyways, on with the pics:

Name:  edited_1477789825061_zpsmhuoghxa.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  206.2 KB

And a picture of my Civic:

Name:  Nexus6-20160621205502692-1_zpsvi4hzrjx.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  229.4 KB
Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

My name is Bert and I´m from Heemskerk, a nice average-size town in the west of the Netherlands.

Since April this year, I am a proud owner of a lovely Deep Burgundy colored S2000.

The car was first registered in 04-2008 and I bought it with only 26,000km´s, now, I have passed the 33,000km´s mark, so it is still "fresh"

I will keep it 100% original and it has the factory iPod option, the lovely chocolate brown interior and a front lip installed. It is in absolutely perfect condition.

Hope to see and read great things here.

Name:  001_zpsxdlujdej.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  320.4 KB

Last edited by JulieU; 11-02-2016 at 05:54 AM. Reason: fixed image link
Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Default hi

hi my name is francis, not the way I wanted to introduce my self but my s2k was stolen last night in North Carolina Harrisburg area has New York license plate, if you guys see it please let me know thank you
Attached Thumbnails Introduce yourself here! Part II-pictures2-614.jpg  
Old 11-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Default Hello all

Just picked up my 2004 silverstone a couple of days ago. Already found the DIY to fix the map light switch not working!

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II