Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduction & Help needed

Old 03-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction & Help needed

Hi all,

Just wanted to register for some help regarding my Honda (yes, I am a girl).

I have been debating whether or not to sell my Honda, for probably the best part of 2 years. I just haven't managed to part with it, as I love it!

I use my car for a daily driver, and have been doing so for 3 years now. It is completely and utterly impractical, as I also have a horse, and the two don't mix too well (no where to put bags of feed etc).

I have finally decided that its time (I am going to get a horsebox instead)

I would like some help on knowing what to advertise it for sale for. It has some bad points to consider, the main one being the roof - its got several rips in either side. This hasn't bothered me whatsoever, maybe I have just got used to to. It does get comments when people get in.

I have had the car for over 3 years and when me and my ex partner separated, I got the car, he got the house. During the separation, the service history has gone missing and a few house moves later, I honestly think its gone for good. It has just gone through an MOT. Has 94k on the clock.

The bodywork is ok, I would say good for its age (its a 02 reg, Nurburgring Blue). There are a few tiny dints, and a few scratches, but generally good (I think). See pic for very slight bubbling on bonnet.

Having looked online, it makes me more confusing as to what to price the car at - this is where I would like some advice...

I have attached some pics for help.

Really appreciate your help!
Attached Thumbnails Introduction & Help needed-img_2393.jpg   Introduction & Help needed-img_2398.jpg   Introduction & Help needed-img_2411.jpg   Introduction & Help needed-img_2420.jpg  
Old 03-25-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sophie,

I just purchased an S2K about a week ago, and did extensive research on pricing across the country. From what I gathered, most AP1 models were selling between $8,000 and $12,000 depending on mileage, condition, modifications, etc. With yours being stock, and the blemishes to the roof and paint, I would put yours between $9,000 and $10,000, mainly because of the low mileage. The market you're in could also affect the price, depending on if you're up north or down south. One great thing about these cars is that they hold their value extremely well, and people are on the hunt for un-modified versions such as yours that they can build up themselves or just keep as a collectible. I hope this helps!