Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Thread about owner's age/jobs/career

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 22 and work at a pharmaceutical plant. Pretty boring job but tons of opportunity to move up or get education. I bought my high mileage beat on 2000 AP1 in august of 2012. Had to replace the engine (not cheap xO) and now it runs strong as ever! Plan on going back to school some time.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM

26/accountant. i just got my 2nd accounting job started 2 weeks ago, started at a logistics company now at an iternational O&G firm./LBP AP2 that i've had for about a year and i love it. i don't see myself getting rid of it, unless its another S.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM

I suppose this isn't the "right thread" to ask this question in, but for all you guys, how'd you decide what field you wanted to major in?

As BaZurk said, I'm also full time worried about what to do with my life. LOL :/
Old 05-10-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by D's Up.
I suppose this isn't the "right thread" to ask this question in, but for all you guys, how'd you decide what field you wanted to major in?

As BaZurk said, I'm also full time worried about what to do with my life. LOL :/
That's easy, I always wanted to a doctor, so focused on math and science in high school and college, and the rest is history...

Gotta figure out what you're good at, and most importantly, what will make you happy. You can't be stuck In a career you hate
Old 05-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im really enjoying reading these, keep 'em coming!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 PM

26 y/o
Full Time Operations Supervisor
Graduated from the University of Louisville with my Bachelors, will be going back hopefully in the spring to get my MBA

Bought my S2000 two weeks ago and have loved it so far. I still own my 2004 G35 sedan 6mt thats been street prepped and will likely remain in my possession for daily duty. Before that I had a 2003 350z Track that i bought due to a lady pulling out in front of me in my 2006 G35 sedan 6mt.

Up until my first g35 I had always driven hondas (92 cb7 with an h22/f20b swap and a 99 si) and always wanted an s2000 but it just didn't seem practical. So when I got into my current position I went out and decided it was finally time to buy a toy and snagger my 2003 AP1 to build for autocross and track days.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by BLAQ&GREYs2k
Im really enjoying reading these, keep 'em coming!

I agree...

Free bump!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 PM

... how'd you decide what field you wanted to major in?

Well, there's what I majored in and what I ended up doing. I started out majoring in physics and also took all the computer courses my small liberal arts college had in the mid-70s. However, calculus was my weakness (bummer when you're a physics major) so I started taking more philosophy, sociology, & classics courses which interested me. I started working in the computer field and majored in philosophy and sociology. (Not having all that physics and math homework made more time available for beer & euchre.) I considered going to graduate school in social philosophy and driving a taxi or continue letting people pay me to play with computers. Kinda lost my taste for beer and cards, but technology still interests me.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 PM

so guess it's my turn. lol

I'm 25 , I just bought my s2000 last week. Before I use to drive an 89 non turbo rx7 loved the car but had to sell it to pay tuition :l

So I decided it was time to treat myself and got an s2000. I'm a civil engineer currently working in concrete form work. always learning.

I'm on the jersey area in case another other new s2000 owners. I'm not a convertible fan but it was something about the car that appealed to me enough to make this big step.

enjoy the forums.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 AM

30 ... I'll be 31 in 1 week.. still weird to realize I'm in my 30's LOL

Applications Engineer/ Computer Programming

Originally Posted by s2kreeper
24/Computer programmer/Computer Science stuff. Love the car (minus convertible, but everything else is so good I forget ). Having fun building it slowly myself. Always loved to work on cars. Friend and I swapped an e36 engine at 17, built tons of stuff, etc.
What do you program in?

When I was 14 I wanted to make a website about my favorite band, No Doubt. I took Computer Science in high school and in college... the rest is history

Quick Reply: Thread about owner's age/jobs/career