JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Amuse dry carbon hood (Street Version)

Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Amuse dry carbon hood (Street Version)

I know not very many people are interested in Amuse dry carbon street hoods but I figured I would post up some photos anyways:

No captions needed. This thing is the most beautiful S2000 part I have ever seen. Massive thanks again to WISEGUY (Jiwung) for making this available for me to purchase. Not having to wait 3-4 months to get this from Japan was a huge factor in me actually making the purchase as well as the good price. I have already been in contact with body shops and was able to find a good one with experience in painting high quality carbon fiber parts. The plan is to paint this beauty Sebring Silver as I never plan to sell either the hood or the car, and keeping the car simple and understated has always been the main goal. What an absolutely beautifully made part.

Oh, and it only weighs 7.4lbs

Just wanted to post up these photos so people looking for more info are able to find it.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:37 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,589 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Beautiful piece
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

That looks amazing!

If I ever get my hands on one of those I would have it painted as well. I'd paint the entire top, and that little lip that's on the underside. That way it's clean on the outside but you can still see all of that fancy carbon when the hood is popped.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
That looks amazing!

If I ever get my hands on one of those I would have it painted as well. I'd paint the entire top, and that little lip that's on the underside. That way it's clean on the outside but you can still see all of that fancy carbon when the hood is popped.
Exactly my plan. Considering doing some of the gold foil on the inner section as well since it is just the one thin panel of carbon fiber to protect the paint on the outer surface. Plus GOLD.

Will need to pick up some hood dampers as well since it doesn't have a hood prop hole I think.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:32 AM

Are you concerned at all with hood dampers applying to much pressure to the edges of the hood when closed? I remember it was an issue with some people who had lightweight hoods back in the day.

I think the SOS dampers kill their pressure at half way down, but that hood is way to expensive to gamble on. I'd just leave it with the OEM set up and figure out a way to prop it open.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:43 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Hood dampers are nice but never what I'd consider a must. Plus I'm pretty sure the OEM hood prop is lighter than hood dampers and we all want a lighter car.

Feezy, I'm really surprised you didn't pick this thing up.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
I have big dreams and a small wallet. I wanted to pick up a car I would actually use instead of more parts for a car that doesn't leave the garage.

Andrew also seems like a rad dude, and I'm glad to see the hood whent to a good home. I'll get my hands on one of these hoods someday.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 PM

Yeah I prefer not to have hood dampers honestly. I will most likely figure out a solution that avoids them I think. Being able to prop open the hood at the track is important though to let everything cool off, although that is less of a concern with this hood I suppose.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice pick up glad it went to a good home!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1411609409' post='23344254
I have big dreams and a small wallet. I wanted to pick up a car I would actually use instead of more parts for a car that doesn't leave the garage.

Andrew also seems like a rad dude, and I'm glad to see the hood whent to a good home. I'll get my hands on one of these hoods someday.
2 S2000s > 1 S2000.

Except if that one S2000 is an Amuse car with Amuse dry carbon everything and Amuse exhaust and Amuse aero and an Amuse wing and....

Quick Reply: Amuse dry carbon hood (Street Version)