JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

AusS2000 and HvRRZ

Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AusS2000 and HvRRZ

It's too bad the ASM intake thread was locked, I couldn't get a chance to post...so I figure this is the place to continue the discussion.

Well, my question for you smart fellas are, if you two are so against NA S2000 with what you called "over priced" JDM parts, why did you two cool fellas with FI power even bother to check out the ASM intake thread???

Secondly, medicalstudent started the thread to share the beauty of the intake to others, he certainly did not ask for a lecture from any of you guys.

I can get a turbo any day, but I choose not to, if I need a car to boost, it wouldn't be the S2000.

Lastly, I understand it is painful to look at those beautiful intakes when you cannot afford them, but this is the reality, try live in it.

Sorry for the ranting, and have a nice day!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont get your panties in a bunch bro.
Its only the internet, let it go...
Old 10-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by trivium,Oct 18 2005, 06:35 PM
Dont get your panties in a bunch bro.
Its only the internet, let it go...
Xplosiv is a good guy...I value his opinion on this site along with a few others
Old 10-18-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree! If you can't say anything that is valuable then why contribute? I think that the honda-tech guys are running over into the s2k board
Old 10-18-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the support!

Guys, it's ok if they don't like my intake. I have more important things to worry about like "real" tumors on real people as opposed to the "CF tumor" on my toy that they seem more perturbed about.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:36 PM

Ok, here's my 2cents. (1) I love the intake. (2) Is it "overpriced"..well that depends. If your only criteria is power:cost ratio, then yes. 1700-3000 for an intake that is going to get you a MAX of 8rwhp doesn't meet the criteria of a sound purchase (by FI enthusiast reasoning). BUT, if you value the rarity of a product....then no. And, if their claims are correct, then the ASM is one of the "better"intakes. (3) the FI vs. NA arguement is OLD...hell, old gearheads like my pops used to debate "blowers" vs. all motor. They each have their dreawbacks...my opinion..boost is addictive and there is no such thing as free horsepower. You need to add in tune time, injectors, EMS, etc. (4) With all that said, if you post pics, you open yourself up for negative comments. Hell, I've said something looked like ass, b/c IMO, it did and when I post pics of my car, if someone doesn't like my set-up...they don't like it ...period.
Cheers
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 PM

[QUOTE=Xplosiv,Oct 18 2005, 02:02 PM] It's too bad the ASM intake thread was locked, I couldn't get a chance to post...so I figure this is the place to continue the discussion.

Well, my question for you smart fellas are, if you two are so against NA S2000 with what you called "over priced" JDM parts, why did you two cool fellas with FI power even bother to check out the ASM intake thread???

Secondly, medicalstudent started the thread to share the beauty of the intake to others, he certainly did not ask for a lecture from any of you guys.

I can get a turbo any day, but I choose not to, if I need a car to boost, it wouldn't be the S2000.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 AM

NA is different ...but not any worst than turbo.
Turbo is good...but not everyone's cup of tea...

overpriced?? ppl value things differently... a lot of ppl are willing to spend $7000 hardtop for almost no performance gain. So what? Whatever makes them happy!

To me, i give big props for whoever it was that bought the Intake. It's a piece of gem. Hope he enjoy have fun with the intake! Don't let those ppl stop you from enjoying it!!

I met many ppl these days, they are too filled up with Turbo in their heads, that they just think Turbo is the end of the world. The only way, and the ultimate way to mod cars. I think these people are ignorant...

by the way, 73Zero I completely agree with your point:
Fast and cheap won't be reliable.
Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
And fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasnt really HvRRz hating so much. It was Jacob which I dont mind and AusS2000 who is an older guy set in his ways and his beliefs. You cant teach an old dog new tricks, so to speak, so it did get out of hand and I totally appologize to Medical Student. They just started to bash him on his thread and I dont put up with that shit so I barked back. Your right though this is just the internet and the Honda Tech attitude is coming over here as these cars are becoming more affordable.. Not all Honda Techies are that bad though...
All of you guys hit on good points here..I didnt even know they closed the thread. I wasnt paying attention..
Old 10-19-2005, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Xplosiv,Oct 18 2005, 01:02 PM
It's too bad the ASM intake thread was locked, I couldn't get a chance to post...so I figure this is the place to continue the discussion.

Lastly, I understand it is painful to look at those beautiful intakes when you cannot afford them, but this is the reality, try live in it.

Sorry for the ranting, and have a nice day!

Quick Reply: AusS2000 and HvRRZ