Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2016 Track Junkie Thread!

Old 01-13-2016, 06:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

I think the recaros are the only ones that fit in the S without modifications. PP are awesome but as others have said the harness holes are rather low, which is a shame. I was really hoping they would redesign them after they got their FIA cert revoked, but that doesn't seem to have happened.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:13 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by clarkster009

So purty...

Sprcos quality seemed subpar to the OMP when i was at OG (meaning velour finish and the bolster material)...they may be lighter, however. Im pretty positive the recaro is lighter but costs $200 more or so per seat
and apparently they come with some sweet streetglowz led light strips on them.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1452635551' post='23850599
Yea that oil system "fix" looked like a huge PITA... so I wasn't excited about trying it.

What moroso can are you running? is it easily drainable? I got a ton of blow by in 9 at summit when I took my AP1 there, so I"m not doing that again until I get something set up.
Yep, the moroso can I got is easily drainable which is what I wanted as well, just jack up the passenger side a little and reach under and drain it. Only problem is that I filled the catch can after 1 day at Shenandoah last fall. I didn't realized it till I was swapping pads after the weekend. It had overflowed and the oil was leaking down the undertray of the car. Here's a picture of the setup:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...t__p__23375818

I've only been to Summit Main once, but postman said I was blowing a cloud of smoke on turn 9/10. This was before I had the catch can setup. I don't have the part # of the moroso can off hand but I'll find it. It sits nicely down low which makes it easy to reach, here's a couple shots I just snapped in the garage. I tidied up the lines a little while ago with some plastic 90 degree fittings:

[attachment=89784:cc1.jpg]
[attachment=89785:cc2.jpg]
[attachment=89786:cc3.jpg]

Edit: Pretty sure I ordered this catch can: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-85473
Ah ok, thanks I wonder if a bigger one will fit. I've heard of people filling it up after one session.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Nah, Kevin installed those! Goes with his CF blingin dash!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:27 AM

Ah ok, thanks I wonder if a bigger one will fit. I've heard of people filling it up after one session.
The one I got is good sized, even if it doesn't look that big from the pics. A couple problems with bigger ones though.. #1 like you said is fitting it. If you remove the intake, you have a ton of room. If you don't, you're really limited where you can place it (unless you have one custom made). #2 is at some point you're going to be low on oil in your engine. If you're on the track and 1+ quart is sitting in your catch can, that means you're short 1 quart in the pan. No bueno. #3 It doesn't ultimately solve the real problem of the oil blowing out the pcv port.

Ultimately the real fix is keeping oil going out the pcv port. One possible solution might be welding a tube onto the 14mm->-10 fitting on the inside of the VC. In that thread he mentions it at the top. The problem with long left hand sweepers (I think) is that the oil pools on top of the baffle and sloshes right out the pcv port. If you have a tube welded on the fitting, the port is essentially baffled (like an oil pan baffle). I don't know anyone that could weld a small tube on a fitting, but I guess I could just bring it to any machine shop..?
Old 01-13-2016, 06:34 AM

I think the recaros are the only ones that fit in the S without modifications. PP are awesome but as others have said the harness holes are rather low, which is a shame. I was really hoping they would redesign them after they got their FIA cert revoked, but that doesn't seem to have happened.
Ya, I guess I just need to find some PP's to sit in and see how they fit and if the harness holes are at or above my shoulders. How come there are NO recaro dealers in this area?! I don't get it. Is their website not updated or are there really no local dealers?

Ultimately I want to still drive my car on the street a few times a week with nice weather (and not have to swap out the seat), and it seems like the PP's are one of the best street/track seats. Another plus with the PP's is they're not flashy with just the Recaro logo. Some other seats have too many logos and in Kevin's case, bling.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Community Organizer

We did a roadtrip up to Maine and back in the pole positions, love those seats. I sold mine to Kevin and Oleg, but I guess they probably don't have them anymore.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Performance Rush used to sell Recaros....of course I never had em "in stock"

Jim I sold that seat to the infamous //steve//!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1452698003' post='23851114
Nah, Kevin installed those! Goes with his CF blingin dash!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1452697936' post='23851112
Ya, I guess I just need to find some PP's to sit in and see how they fit and if the harness holes are at or above my shoulders. How come there are NO recaro dealers in this area?! I don't get it. Is their website not updated or are there really no local dealers?

Ultimately I want to still drive my car on the street a few times a week with nice weather (and not have to swap out the seat), and it seems like the PP's are one of the best street/track seats. Another plus with the PP's is they're not flashy with just the Recaro logo. Some other seats have too many logos and in Kevin's case, bling.
The evos will fit, but you won't be able to fully open the glove compartment and it kinda pushes into the door liner; other than that its good! I don't know how important all that stuff is to you but when I put the seat in I took out the rear bulkhead and all the plastics associated with it. I also put harnesses at the same time. In my opinion it is kinda futile trying to have a street/track car, you can't really maximize the car's potential on track without compromising it on the street. I understand you're just using your car for occasional track time, but when you get into the realm of modifying the car for track use (i.e. safety equipment, competition coilovers, etc.), it is probably cheaper and easier to just buy a car already converted for track use. This way you can have a track car to beat up, and be able to enjoy your s2000 on the street and maintain its value. This is all in hindsight of course but that's just my two cents. /soapbox

Quick Reply: 2016 Track Junkie Thread!