Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

My Amazing Experience With Daisy Import Auto Care in Woodbine, MD

Old 01-15-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Amazing Experience With Daisy Import Auto Care in Woodbine, MD

Since picking up my 04 in July I've been shopping around for someone I can trust to take care of my baby. I had a big grocery list of parts & services needed, the car wasn't maintained as well as I'd have liked prior to me purchasing it & I was really looking for someone who knew these cars well & had extensive experience with Hondas in particular. I came across a thread here on S2Ki mentioning Daisy Import Auto Care in Woodbine, MD. Luckily I'm about 30 minutes away so naturally I was ecstatic that I had found a closer alternative to some of the other big names in the S2000 maintenance world. All of his reviews online are beyond glowing...dozens & dozens of happy customers stating they'll never go anywhere else again.

When I was ready to pull the trigger I gave them a call & I was immediately impressed by Ben's enthusiasm & helpfulness. He was able to send me a detailed quote & even source parts for me at great prices. I dropped my car off on a Tuesday for a clutch, flywheel & pressure plate replacement as well as a valve adjustment. As soon as I walked in the door I knew I had come to the right place. There were NSXs EVERYWHERE...as well as all sorts of older Hondas. People ship their NSXs from all over the country to have Ben work on them...he's just that good. A legend in the NSX community. Ben didn't waste any time & immediately started looking over the car, pointing out a few areas of concern. He gave me a tour of his shop & really made me feel like family. I left that morning confident & excited...something that I've never felt when leaving a car at a shop.

On day 2 I received a call from Ben, he let me know a few of his new findings & updated me on a few things I'd need to replace. The level of communication was fantastic. On Thursday I got a call from him just to let me know that pretty much every one of my valves was out of adjustment and that I'd be able to pick up the car that afternoon, everything with the clutch install went perfectly smooth.

As soon as I walked in the door to pick up the car he brought me over to the old clutch...it was down to the rivets! The flywheel was trashed, I couldn't have chosen a more perfect time to get this work done. He ended up needing to replace a bunch of other items of concern as well. We chatted for a bit about the history of his shop & how he used to build & race Hondas. He let me know that if I ever needed anything he's just a call or short drive away. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

If you're anything like me and you expect perfection when it comes to the work that's done on your car there's really no alternative to Daisy Import Auto Care. I can't say enough good things about this place! Just do a search online for the shop & reviews and you'll see why. Thank you so much Ben! The car drives like it's new...purrs like it never has before, I couldn't be happier.
The following 4 users liked this post by amsfoto:
DAN WRIGHT (04-07-2018), dwb993 (04-26-2022), h@rris (10-12-2020), Snowmants (11-07-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, good to know. Kinda far for me. Were the prices reasonable?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:31 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I have known Ben since 1991 he got me into Autox back then.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by talboti
Nice, good to know. Kinda far for me. Were the prices reasonable?
I thought so, especially given the quality of work & professionalism !
Old 01-31-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great write up amsfoto. I should have titled my thread more like this one. I've posted many times in S2Ki and on FB S2000 threads about how awesome Ben Schaeffer and Daisy Import Auto Care and his team are for all kinds of work but especially anything and everything to do with NSX's and other Honda products. After my troublesome rebuild I thought Ben was going to exclude S2000's but great to hear he didn't actually do that! He really knows his stuff!

Here was the thread I posted with the unbelievable joy and nightmares during my first six months of ownership and Ben's shop is the only reason that I'm back to fully enjoying my car now.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...-mercedes-red/

His original NSX shop is located 30 miles due west of Baltimore and about 2-3 hours from Philly or Richmond.

Daisy Import Auto Care Woodbine
2878 Daisy Rd, Woodbine, MD 21797
(301) 854-6252
(He recently opened a new location for general import repairs just north of Frederick, MD)

Not a big shop, work needs to be scheduled. Don't expect instant, same day or even estimated delivery time. If you are in a hurry, go elsewhere. They have a huge following of NSX owners and at any time Ben may be pulled somewhere in the US to help with an NSX. Priorities shift and there will be delays. On the other hand, when the job is complete, the job will be as perfect as is possible. Great work protecting my paint, help in procuring my new engine/trans/exhaust and then welding the exhaust back together for my car after shipping on a pallet. We even decided to invest in rebuilding the front crash structure of my car that had been modified in 2009 for the install of the intercooler. Don't expect a typical warm and fuzzy "front end or intake" like you find at a dealership or tire store. At times, the bedside manner might offend, but the mad scientist and Honda/Acura genius team here is worth it.

interesting note, the week after I picked up the car it kept throwing an error code and engine check light. I told him the code and description, pulled up in front and he knew EXACTLY which little vacuum line was in the wrong place, hooked up wrong. He found it in five seconds and fixed it in five minutes and zero problems since then. I'm very lucky to live 14 miles and 25 minutes away from his shop and BTW, he also has done great quality work on my bicycles too.

A++, there is not a better specialty shop for major and minor mechanical work.
The following 2 users liked this post by colnagotifosi:
DAN WRIGHT (04-07-2018), Snowmants (11-07-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 01:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your experiences as well! I'm about 200 miles into the break-in for my clutch & I've had no worries or issues whatsoever. I know Ben has my back if anything comes up down the line. After buying my S I started to realize how few shops knew these cars...I had a bit of a complex about issues coming up but knowing there's a local shop I can trust makes the ownership experience so much sweeter.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
I have known Ben since 1991 he got me into Autox back then.

i was 4... 4 YEARS OLD!!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:49 PM

Just wanna bump this back up as Ben recently did an overhaul on my "new" 1991 Civic Hatchback...he tore the little thing apart & put her back together better than new. Can't stress enough how amazing this place is. He treats your cars like they're his own & always seems a bit sad when you come to pick em up haha. Won't ever go anywhere else...make the trip if you need anything!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll echo this endorsement for Ben and his crew. He rebuilt the power steering pump and changed the timing belt on my RL this summer for a fraction of what the local Acura dealership quoted me. As others have stated, he really seems to care about our cars! And don't forget -- you get to experience all the NSX eye candy in his garage.

Rest assured, I'll be taking my S2K to him for anything I can't do myself.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This post led me to Daisy Import Auto Care about 2.5 months ago. My 2001 S had low compression of 115 and leak down of 40% on the 4th cylinder.

Work completed included:

1. Full engine rebuild, new rings, new valves, new bearings, machining of head, small block, crank, and honing of cylinder walls
2. New water pump
3. New motor mount
4. New timing chain and TCT
5. New knock sensor
6. New starter
7. Ap2 retainer upgrade
8. 4 hole BANJO bolt upgrade
9. New oil pump
10. New clutch all OEM parts except ACT PP (feels stock)
11. ARP head studs
12. Exhaust gasket
13. Valve Adjustment
14. New head and intake manifold gasket
15. New rear main seal

I'm likely missing a few things.

A lot of preventative maintenance work was done when the engine was out as I plan to keep the car for many many years to come. The S is running wonderful now and and I've regained a great deal of lost power. The engine rebuild was completed in a timely fashion and pricing was very reasonable for the work and parts provided. Ben and his team did some top notch work and saved another S2000 from being parted out! Daisy Import is well known on the NSX forums and you'll understand this if you ever visit the shop! I'm so happy I found Ben and Daisy Import and plan to have much of my future S2000 (hopefully not for many years) and Accord servicing done with them in the future! Lastly the car has 1200 miles on the rebuilt engine and is in fantastic running order! I'm considering a SC in the future and the S is set up for boost now with the Ap2 retainers, 4 hole BANJO bolts, ACT PP, and ARP head studs.

Don't hesitate to give Ben a call and have your car serviced at Daisy import! It's well worth the 40-50 mile drive from Northern VA!

Last edited by klapamos; 11-07-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: My Amazing Experience With Daisy Import Auto Care in Woodbine, MD