Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

The alternative Wheeler Dealers Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

When I bought my first S2000 in 2003, the last owner had left an expensive Garmin in the secret compartment. Finders keepers!

Glad they stuck with 16's though, although 17's do look nicer and give the car a better looking stance - aren't 16's better for handling, overall? (countless arguments over the years on this!)

I actually like the show, some of the cars make me swoon and it does make the wallet itch after a classic. Ed's fixes are sometimes very useful to know. Although its just minced up TV, it can give some the buying effect.
I bought my first S2k after watching 1 or 2 top gear videos about it. The sale was sealed when I heard one VTEC'ing through Sydney whilst travelling in 2002.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
When I bought my first S2000 in 2003, the last owner had left an expensive Garmin in the secret compartment. Finders keepers! Glad they stuck with 16's though, although 17's do look nicer and give the car a better looking stance - aren't 16's better for handling, overall? (countless arguments over the years on this!) I actually like the show, some of the cars make me swoon and it does make the wallet itch after a classic. Ed's fixes are sometimes very useful to know. Although its just minced up TV, it can give some the buying effect. I bought my first S2k after watching 1 or 2 top gear videos about it. The sale was sealed when I heard one VTEC'ing through Sydney whilst travelling in 2002.
I've no idea about the wheels, but can you please keep your considered and sensible comments away from this thread? As I've said many times before, my threads are no place for common sense!

And if you cannot resist the urge to make rational observations, can you, at the very least, have the common decency to phrase them in a sarcastic manner that is clearly meant to wind up anyone with a contrary point of view?

Cheeses H Christ, Muppets is going down hill!.........
Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll try and clear a few things up about our old friend Edd China. Firstly, his hair is so because he is actually a mix of Malamute and c@#t. He also has meccano prosthesis in the upper limbs, hence the LSTee. And, he was not always a mechanic, he retrained after the depression of being a celebrity chef.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mortlach
I'll try and clear a few things up about our old friend Edd China. Firstly, his hair is so because he is actually a mix of Malamute and c@#t. He also has meccano prosthesis in the upper limbs, hence the LSTee. And, he was not always a mechanic, he retrained after the depression of being a celebrity chef.
Word!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

OMG It's now official "EDD CHINA IS A MOTORING EXPERT!!!"

It's true I saw it on Dave tonight it said so in his Terra Clean advert betwixt sections of have I got news for you.

It was a little while before airing The matrix reloaded, so we were treated to a plethora of science fiction tonight.

I think all the contributors to the Wheeler Dealer thread can sleep easy tonight.

I wonder if the Brewster will be complaining that he's making money off the back of his show?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
OMG It's now official "EDD CHINA IS A MOTORING EXPERT!!!" ?
They called him a what? I mean, it's not like he's got a solid reputation for building quirky, bespoke engineering projects, or got a successful garage business, or that he's held in high enough regard to end up on the telly doing it, is it now?

If it was 'vociferous' forum member who had managed to remove his air box lid unaided and held someone's spanner for them while they fitted his wheels at 45 degrees for him, so his car ran on the sidewalls of his woefully undersized, stretched tyres, then I'd take that claim seriously!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Come on FB it must be true, it was on the telly. I'm going to get my car terraformed or pterodactyled or what ever he calls it tomorrow, along with filling the radiator with the whale semen stuff he keeps pushing (and putting on his hair). He's not just an expert, he's a GOD!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:35 AM

You know I would have really really loved it if Edd took 3 days to find out why the passenger window wouldn't work.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:19 AM

I'll tell you what really gets to me: on other episodes, they've met up with members of the owners club, but Edd and Mike didn't want anything to do with us!

It's outrageous. It's not like the very second there was a mention of them doing an S2000, a thread full of hate and sanctimonious opinion sprang up on here, is it?

I would have thought Edd would have been all over the forum, making good use of the warm welcome and offers of sound advice, but you just can't help some people, no matter how hard you try.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
I'll tell you what really gets to me: on other episodes, they've met up with members of the owners club, but Edd and Mike didn't want anything to do with us!

It's outrageous. It's not like the very second there was a mention of them doing an S2000, a thread full of hate and sanctimonious opinion sprang up on here, is it?

I would have thought Edd would have been all over the forum, making good use of the warm welcome and offers of sound advice, but you just can't help some people, no matter how hard you try.