Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Northern Nevada CO Position

Old 09-19-2014, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northern Nevada CO Position

Hello all for the few Northern Nevada owners. We had our short stint with our own forum although doesn't mean meets can't be planned. I have sold my S2000 and am not able to travel up North as much as I used to due to change in work.

Hence I would like to nominate someone new. I hope the few owners in the Reno/Sparks area can make something happen. I know most keep in contact on other social media.

I nominate Sillyboybmxer. He has been involved in the area for some time and knows most people. I am not sure if he want's the position but that is the first person who came to mind.

Everyone enjoy there s2k's I miss mine already.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Thank you for all you've done for the Nevada S2000 community over the years.

FWIW, one does not necessarily have to be a CO to plan cruises, drives, etc. (events in general). Everyone is free and sometimes encouraged to do that. With that in mind...

Originally Posted by HondaGal
The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Please keep in mind that once someone is nominated, there's no need to nominate them again (that's what the subsequent poll thread is for). If you are nominated but aren't interested in serving as CO, please state so.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:42 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the nomination. Hope all is well
I am not sure the forum needs to give away C.O positions for our extremely small area ( I think there are 7 of us now)....after all, there is a reason they eliminated our sub forum. Yellow stars are cool and all just thinking that the point of a C.O position is to do things that bring the community together but there isnt much to do up here that isnt already being done.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Wow, I didn't realize there were so few members. I'd like to know what KrazyKarim's take is on this matter.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Its really a weird area in "northern nevada" because most people dont know that we are actually 450 miles from las vegas. There is literally NO other towns besides Reno and Carson City and Lake Tahoe around us. Sacramento is actually only 120 miles from us here. Most people are like when we tell them hahahah. Most of the members who are on the forum are all good friends already.