New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Advice for Changing Parking Light Bulb?

Old 05-14-2016, 01:37 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Just looked at this thread and I don't need to change my parking light bulbs, but I want to thank you EGbeater for taking the time to write this up. Very good tutorial and I don't remember seeing one posted before on this subject.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always wished i had parking lights, i thought it had turn signals only up there, lol.....looks like i got 2 bulbs to replace, haha

edit, oddly was no bulbs in both mine, plugged in the socket and everything. Guess the previous owner didnt like them? beats me, looks great now!
Old 06-24-2016, 05:43 PM

So i have a drivers side running light out and passenger side high beam... Not the bulb for the running light..i havent checked the bulb for the highbeam on the passenger side. Could be a fuse issue
Old 06-25-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know if this applies to the front headlight assemblies, but the taillight parking light connectors either wear out at the connector or maybe the wiring harness is just not so great. I've seen this in other Japanese cars too. So, Kelly, it could be a fuse, but maybe it's wiring. Those problems are annoyingly intermittent and hard to trace down. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting thank you but what a pain all new cars are the same
Old 08-11-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to know it is just a head gasket
Old 09-03-2017, 10:35 AM

Is the park light bulb amber or white for an 05?
Old 02-15-2020, 12:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

My parking light bulbs went out on my '08 CR, so I'd just replaced both sides. My recommendation to anyone doing this for the first time is that I strongly suggest that you try the removing the water bottle method 1st before removing the fender liner. I went straight for the fender liner and of course broke the 1st two plastic clips. I didn't want remove the front wheels but after bending back the liner & turning the steering wheels all the way to the right, I'd realized that I still didn't have enough space for my hand. After being frustrated, I tried the water bottle method and found out that my hands just fit enough to remove the socket. Only thing bad about this method is that you will be doing everything just by feel. You will not be able to see anything while doing this. Drivers side wasn't bad but the passenger side was a pain. Thanks to my K&N intake, it was much easier to get to the hole to get to the parking light on the passenger side. I would definitely suggest you have extra clips(91512-SX0-003) on hand if you're doing the fender liner method. Even though I'd purchased side marker & signal bulbs, I decided not to change those yet.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:36 PM

I bit the bullet and followed the factory manual by removing the fender liner. I replaced all the bulbs with LEDs so I don’t need to repeat. The turn signal flasher unit has to be changed to an electronic unit as the LEDs don’t draw enough current to trigger a mechanical flasher

Originally Posted by seoulbro
My parking light bulbs went out on my '08 CR, so I'd just replaced both sides. My recommendation to anyone doing this for the first time is that I strongly suggest that you try the removing the water bottle method 1st before removing the fender liner. I went straight for the fender liner and of course broke the 1st two plastic clips. I didn't want remove the front wheels but after bending back the liner & turning the steering wheels all the way to the right, I'd realized that I still didn't have enough space for my hand. After being frustrated, I tried the water bottle method and found out that my hands just fit enough to remove the socket. Only thing bad about this method is that you will be doing everything just by feel. You will not be able to see anything while doing this. Drivers side wasn't bad but the passenger side was a pain. Thanks to my K&N intake, it was much easier to get to the hole to get to the parking light on the passenger side. I would definitely suggest you have extra clips(91512-SX0-003) on hand if you're doing the fender liner method. Even though I'd purchased side marker & signal bulbs, I decided not to change those yet.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:20 AM

Received 1,128 Likes on 991 Posts

Fitting LEDs makes sense so you only have to do this once. Removing the fender liner seems SOP for many cars these days including my Subarus. PITA.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Advice for Changing Parking Light Bulb?