New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Whats the best date to have a Nov Sunday Afternoon Drive?
Sunday, Nov 4th
26.67%
Sunday, Nov 11th
6.67%
Sunday, Nov 18th
6.67%
Any Sunday afternoon works
40.00%
Not interested at this time
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

CT - Drive to forget winter is around the corner

Old 09-22-2016, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested. Haven't been on a group drive since Spring Fling at Bethany Beach.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:32 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

I can do the 9th, 15th or 16th.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by FRS2K
Originally Posted by CenturionS2K' timestamp='1474516107' post='24067319
Wow - wish i could make this but I have been out of that area for years now. Back in 2009-11 there used to be frequent meets and drives in the NE forum. What happened with everyone? Where is Paiva?
Helio! How are you! The board/club still active there?

Where's everyone is a recurring topic. Social media has changed. I for one am not a facebooker, myspacer, twitter, tweeter or any other such nonsense. Another problem, put down the phones and actually take part in life. Also this "PC" crap that has infected the minds of many is BS and has no place in public forums where people used to come to relax, express their opinions and maybe blow off some steam. Individuality and personal responsibility are our greatest casualties today.

As to George I'm hoping somehow this will trigger a response from him.
Originally Posted by Janus00
I'm interested, what weekend are we talking?
Hello Janus00

Thanks for your interest. As much as I would love a weekday; less traffic on the roads, in the wineries and restaurants; it's pretty quiet most days in western CT so a weekend shouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking October, Saturday the 1st, 8th or 15th. Sunday the 2nd, 9th or 16th.

Washington is hosting the sold out Gilmore Girls Fan Fest Oct. 21 - 23. That weekend will be insane so I'm gonna avoid the area during that time.
The following weekend is Halloween. That may be an excellent choice as well but I'd guess most would rather spend the time other ways.
Originally Posted by PJRider
I'm interested. Haven't been on a group drive since Spring Fling at Bethany Beach.
Connie! How have you been! Glad you are interested.
Lots of changes in the last year and all very good!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Spotter

Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1474637552' post='24068309
I can do the 9th, 15th or 16th.
Hey kryptonite. Are you a definite in? Do you have a preference or would any or all of the three dates be an in?

I'm game for and actually hoping we can do multiple drives. I get out that way frequently so one or more drives are definitely happening. I'm just hoping others will join in. Though the driving season is waning, the fall season is great.

To make this more clear for those considering this drive. Pick a day or dates that works for you and the drive(s) will most likely be on. Weekdays work for me as well and if only one person commits it's a go. Baby steps are the way to get something started.

I'll confirm in the top post #9 drives that will definitely be a go. This Sunday the 25th has a strong possibility for me so if anyone can break away for a crisp autumn drive speak up.
Probably not all three because it's a bit of a ways away, but any of the three work for me.
I can't do weekdays alas, but I'm always game for a drive over the weekend (when I'm in town)
Old 09-27-2016, 05:06 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Some of my old stomping grounds. Potential for a very scenic route.

I'd love to join in but I'll be unavailable until later in October, i.e., sometime after the 19th. And even then it will be hit or miss.

A weekday might work for me just as well, maybe even better.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:02 AM

I would be in for any drive in Nov. Would be nice to meet some new ppl
Old 10-08-2016, 07:49 AM

Can't do the 16th. I am available on the 23rd. Would love to go.

Connie
Old 10-08-2016, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S2k Drives in back to back weekends. I'd be down! The 23rd we have the big Bear mtn NY s2k drive, usually 70-100 s2ks show up for that every time!
Old 10-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Spotter

I'm game for the 16th or 23rd as long as the weather cooperates.

16th is looking great. I just need to get my oil changed before then
Old 10-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Spotter

Hi Connie. Put you down as committed for the 23rd?

EJ86, Put you down as committed for the 16th?

I'd love to do the Bear Mountain but they use EZpass. I have no EZpass
CT or otherwise and don't plan on getting any. I don't commute at all!

kryptonite, Put you down as committed for both dates?

I intend to do both dates if there is interest, even just one person, and as long as the weather cooperates.

ATTENTION ALL! If no one objects I'd like to move the meetups and roll outs up an hour earlier. There are a couple potential time consuming spots so an earlier departure might prove better. Meet up would be 9:00am in Bristol at Fast Freddie's and roll out of there at 9:15am. Secondary meetup at Rozzi's in Thomaston would be 9:45am with roll out from ROZZI'S at 10:00am. If to early for anyone speak up, I know some of you will be coming a long way and getting there earlier means doing everything earlier. Not a big deal at all to stick to the previously mentioned times. I will update the post soon. I make a portion of this drive fairly regularly so chances are I'd be going anyway so if even one person commits the drive(s) is/are ON!

I've started mapping the drive. The drive out is about two hours not including the winery and furnace stop, hence the earlier departure. The drive to the lunch stop will probably be about 1.5 hours? That map will be up soon.

Weather so far looks good for this Sunday the 16th.

Click to view route from Fast Freddie's Bristol, CT to Beckley Iron Furnace East Canaan, CT.
Return route coming soon.
Throw me down for one or the other. If the 16th is on I'll do that one. Might even take the hardtop off

Quick Reply: CT - Drive to forget winter is around the corner