New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

It's alive!

Old 04-15-2003, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After three weeks of hard work and a few minor issues my S2000 started up last night and idled with the big injectors!!!!

Here is what has been going on:

The supercharger was taken out for maintenance(new bearing and seals) and the stock Vortech 5" pulley(8 psi) was replaced with a 4.5" pulley(11.5 psi).

VAFC was removed.

ECU harness with GReddy e-manage and O2 simulator from Lake Effect Performance was installed.

Cable from e-manage pressure sensor input to wideband O2 sensor was custom created.

750cc injectors and resistor pack from Ultimate Racing installed.

Vortech FMU was removed.

GReddy e-manage was installed behind drivers seat and pre configured.

Software for Vortech split second timing box was obtained. Laptop connection established and timing was changed.

Cat was removed and replaced with test pipe.

Supercharger was reinstalled with smaller belt.

Koni yellow adjustable shocks installed.

Wideband O2 sensor installed in test pipe.

From sitting and all the pre-tuning with the ignition on, my battery was dead, so I had to jump her just to start her last night. The Vortech air/water intercooler water pump is a nasty drain on the battery. Gotta buy a new battery today.

The sound of the charger + test pipe + mugen exhaust was enough to make it all worth it. Sounds incredible and I haven't even gotten on it yet! ( Big $hit eating grin on face after she started up and stayed running). This was at midnight last night, hope my neighbors don't hate me TOO much

I only drove it back down the driveway a few feet and then into the garage. No check engine lights, good sign! Street tuning of part throttle starts this week. Should get to the dyno to tune if for the big power and find the best vtec engagement point in 2 weeks or so. Expecting/shooting for 350+ hp and 220+ torque at the wheels(on a dynojet).

Wish me luck!

For pictures of some of the hardware go here:

http://www.jlosee.com/images/S2000
Old 04-15-2003, 07:03 AM

holy crap nice setup!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:23 AM

OMG! Can't wait to hear her Jenner.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:56 AM

Jenner,

Sound great! You really are doing things right. I'm just a little jeleous. Looking forward to hearing you come to the next meet.

Goodluck on finishing her up.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:34 AM

Jenner,

I'm so happy for ya!

Jealousat the same time!

Way to go buddy!

Old 04-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by g-s2k
[B]Jealousat the same time!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:08 AM

If something breaks, I'll fix it. If you can't afford to play the game, don't play

You'll get a test ride after it is tuned. After tonight I should have it tuned enough so I can drive it to work. A few more nightly sessions and then it will be ready for the big power tune on the dyno.

You'll get a test drive, after that and after I judge your skills with my clutch. 3 strikes(stalls or clutch drops) and your done.

-J
Old 04-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Community Organizer

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

LOL!!!! I have driven almost any clutch out there. ONE TIME I had to have a friend stomp on my foot to push the pedal down it was sprung so hard.(least thats what it felt like) LOL!!!

I will need to watch your techneque. That or I just keep the car rolling at 2 mph so I don't need to do a standing start.

You forget that I have driven a stick for now...........over 11 years and worked at a stereo shop pulling different cars in and out for 9 of them. Don't worry..........I won't pull a MAX!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:29 AM

How many years of experience do you have with a Stage 4 clutch, toda flywheel, J's 4.44 gearing and over 400 crank hp?

The clutch isn't stiff. It isn't any stiffer than stock. It IS very grabby and with the lightweight flywheel, and added pull on the engine from the charger, it is very easy to stall. Also with the grabbiness and rev happiness of my car, plus the power and gearing, it is VERY easy to light up the tires without meaning to.

I don't care how long you've been driving a stick, that has nothing to do with driving a setup you've never driven before.

Like I said you get three chances once it is tuned
Old 04-15-2003, 11:40 AM

Play nice boys! We should all be good neighbors!

Quick Reply: It's alive!