New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

IS IT OVER?

Old 04-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,627 Posts

We've been around since 2004. We've had a blast and miss the frequent meets. However, many of the young guys got married, made babies, and, as to be expected, a vehicle with two seats just isn't going to be used as often. It is likely all you can do to arrange a night out with the wife. This is all part of life.

We continue to attend the Vintage gatherings (can't make it this year) and had a good time at Dave's meets.

It has been a struggle, for a long time, to get even those without family responsibilities to attend meets for which some cash has to be dished out. It's too bad as those meets are always a lot of fun with something to please everyone, even if you have a +1 who is not crazy about the car thing. The meets were always planned well in advance to allow for budgeting, but the interest wasn't there. It's a lot of work planning those meets, so I understand Dave's hesitation to do so, in light of last year's low turn out.

In the past we had dinner meets, cookouts, (hosted our share of both) went to a drive in movie or two and tech days as well.

The days of old are over, the car is old, many of the people are old (I can say that, you can't. ) but we are still driving along and enjoying our S. We have two road trips planned for vacation this year, and we're still ready to hit the road for meets. We hope to make it to Bill's meet next month. Hope others do as well.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

I suppose so. I'm just hopeful I suppose that newer owners that join the forum get into it, and some of the older folks on here pass down some wisdom and stories
Old 04-12-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not dead yet, just not driving an S2000 anymore. Cars & Coffee in Taunton starts next month. Was a Porsche event but I reached out to you guys a few years ago and 6 or 8 of you showed. Great Cars & Coffee 30- 50 cars mostly Porsche, but several Lotus ,Ferrari and some S2000's as well.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche951
Not dead yet, just not driving an S2000 anymore. Cars & Coffee in Taunton starts next month. Was a Porsche event but I reached out to you guys a few years ago and 6 or 8 of you showed. Great Cars & Coffee 30- 50 cars mostly Porsche, but several Lotus ,Ferrari and some S2000's as well.
I could do that once a month probably. A good 45 minute drive for me but would be cool to see some other cars too
Old 04-12-2016, 03:49 PM

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche951
We've been a few times. Everyone was very welcoming.

Still haven't met you yet Porsche951!
Old 05-23-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Starting off with a low cost single day event is a great way to start, its working for metro. Their single day bear mountain drive netted them 90 s2000s from areas as far west as philly and as far east as RI. It is a very successful event they put on in both the spring and the fall. From that one they strung up our 1st annual s2000 only track day last year at NYST, and the attendance was pretty stellar with 25 cars and good half of them being first time track newbies. Then they started doing lake George get away events each memorial day.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:45 PM

I just found my 05 s2000 back in October bone stock in MA and would love to meet up with fellow enthusiasts. Single day trips are best for me as well, a bit harder for the weekend long trips.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:15 AM

I really enjoyed the tech day meets, as it was a help getting to know my 2001 S way back when. I sold it for family reasons back in 08 or so. When I bought my 05 a couple of years ago I was sad to see how much the community had changed and slowed down. I keep meaning to check in on the site and see if anything might be happening I could make, but usually I forget to stop by. I still hope to see some familiar but older faces again at some point.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:45 PM

Just checking in as it's been awhile. I sold my S a few years back only due to a leg issue, I really miss my S. Since then I've had multiple surgeries (the most recent being in February). I wish I could afford another toy car, but as I've gotten older as have my kids it's not in the funding. I daily drive a GTi with some APR mods to make it peppy. It's ok, but it's no open topped S2000.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm interested in going to simple parking lot meets, but I either have to drive up to Mass, or all the way to NY or NJ which makes things difficult, especially during the week.

Even if we could organize with other local NE car meets that focus on imports I'd be interested in that as well.

Quick Reply: IS IT OVER?