New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

IS IT OVER?

Old 06-26-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by JSWhaler
Just checking in as it's been awhile. I sold my S a few years back only due to a leg issue, I really miss my S. Since then I've had multiple surgeries (the most recent being in February). I wish I could afford another toy car, but as I've gotten older as have my kids it's not in the funding. I daily drive a GTi with some APR mods to make it peppy. It's ok, but it's no open topped S2000.
Josh, Rick was just asking me the other day if you have been around.

Your post about the wife driving your S and Erick's response still has to be one of the funniest threads ever.

Sorry to hear you are still dealing with surgeries from your accident. You got a raw deal.

Happy to hear that you have a family. Enjoy them. Time does fly! Our granddaughter is now 15!! Your sports car days will return some day. I guarantee it!

Best to you and the Mrs.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha. You still baking cookies?

As for the wife driving- last years on father's day she took out my GTi for a quick run. She ended up going through a construction site blowing out the front tire and then driving another mile before calling me for help.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by JSWhaler
Ha. You still baking cookies?

As for the wife driving- last years on father's day she took out my GTi for a quick run. She ended up going through a construction site blowing out the front tire and then driving another mile before calling me for help.
I bet she hated making that call!!

Not too many meets at which to share cookies, so I've kind of retired from baking. Stock in Betty Crocker has likely gone down. I can't have those things around the house...no will power. I don't think you ever met Head Chef/Dave....he is the REAL cookie baker!
Old 07-05-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for a cookie meet
Old 07-19-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its over. I agree with the other posters. I was once pretty active here when there was actually activity. I took a few years hiatus from the s2k (2010-2012), bought another one, came back to this forum and in those two years the forum went from lively to completely dead. Was shocked and saddend. half the fun of owning this car was the community. I still enjoy the car, but once again I am contemplating selling it while the value is still up to save towards an income property.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

For all the people here saying it's dead, it's only as dead as the people on here choose for it to be.

I've personally ended up checking out MassTuning; although it's a little bit much for me, They do have pretty regular meets and track days etc.

I get my s2000 community stuff from some of the non regional forums + my old Southern Ontario guys.

I still have hope though that one day this forum will spark up again
Old 07-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000silvers2k
Its over. I agree with the other posters. I was once pretty active here when there was actually activity. I took a few years hiatus from the s2k (2010-2012), bought another one, came back to this forum and in those two years the forum went from lively to completely dead. Was shocked and saddend. half the fun of owning this car was the community. I still enjoy the car, but once again I am contemplating selling it while the value is still up to save towards an income property.
there are certainly stones to throw on why.
a lot of the folks who got annoyed and wanted a car topic-only forum got bored and left.
others just moved on and sadly some passed on.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

It's not over yet.
We just came back from Spring Fling in Bethany beach De.,a 3000 kms round trip,for us.
Looking forward to a Fall color meet,if there is one,not too far...
Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 AM

I'd highly disagree the community isn't dying off or isn't there... We just aren't on s2ki anymore.

There's a dozen s2000 owners that are getting together for a meet/great/BBQ shortly. Yet this is all organized through FB
Old 08-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Darnold88
I'd highly disagree the community isn't dying off or isn't there... We just aren't on s2ki anymore.

There's a dozen s2000 owners that are getting together for a meet/great/BBQ shortly. Yet this is all organized through FB

Is it a S2K facebook group, or just individuals who friended each other in the past. I dont think I used Facebook with my 1st S, when I returned it was a very quiet place I pop in and look around in occasionally.

Quick Reply: IS IT OVER?