New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

My Brother's Daily (nons2k) Stolen

Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brother's Daily (nons2k) Stolen

The car was stolen Tuesday in Albuquerque between 10pm and 10 am. It is a 93 Del Sol Si in Samba Green. It had a sticker of an attack helicopter on the rear window behind the driver. The bumper had a glock, AOPA, and Eat,Sleep,JDM sticker. The passenger side sail panel has a +5hp sticker. The exhaust is a Tanabe Medallion Touring. It has hard to find since it was discontinued so that is very unique here. The valve cover has been painted green. JDM sunvisors (real sunvisors because the USDM ones are a joke). OEM S2000 antenna in the stock location. Should you see this car or any of the related parts please report it to the police. 505-242-COPS

*ETA - I just remembered that we had installed the arm rest repair covers from another member on TeamSolCal. He had wrapped those in cloth and a bit of foam for extra padding and comfort. The header on the D16 had some terrible welds on the flange to repair a recent exhaust leak as well.

*ETA - Got a call at 6am today from the State Police saying it was found in Espanola. The arm pit of arm pits. No info on condition yet.

*ETA - The State Police have no idea WHO exactly they had tow the car. The adventure continues...
Old 05-31-2016, 01:13 PM

Officially stolen AGAIN... the last person who saw the car was the tow driver. The SP Officer called both myself and the tow company. The tow company claims to have left it at the impound lot. The Chief of Police is involved and walked the lot and checked records. The car is not there and not in the records. So... yeah... fun times

ETA 6/1 - The reason I earlier said that SP did not know WHO exactly had the car was because my first conversation with the tow company they said they had never received the call, never towed the car and did not have the car. After the SP Officer called them they claimed to remember it and it was on their truck still. When I went to get the car their driver claimed to have left it at the impound on Sunday. I am incredibly suspect of that driver.

Yesterday I tried to report the car stolen with both APD and Espanola PD but neither will touch it since State Police found the car. I have to report it stolen with State Police. My last conversation (yesterday) with SP they wanted to double check all their impound lots to see if it went there. Guessing since I have not heard back that SP does not have the car in impound as well. I am going to have to ask SP again today to report the car as stolen.

This is nuts. I know Del Sols are fun, as are all Hondas, but this is crazy
Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM

The State Police got back to me today because they located the car a second time. It was found in a completely different tow yard owned by a completely different company. They did not tow the car originally because they were not open at all when the car was found the first time because of the holiday weekend. I actually called this second yard searching for the car Sunday and Monday when the first yard claimed to have never been called by SP. No word on how exactly that happened or if there was a stupid mix up. I was able to contact that yard just before closing to verify that the car is there. The owner claims that the car looks good and appears complete. No broken windows or obvious missing parts. Hopefully that is actually true. I will find out when I can get back out there.

If I find out more about what the hell happened I will share that too.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeAP2
The State Police got back to me today because they located the car a second time. It was found in a completely different tow yard owned by a completely different company. They did not tow the car originally because they were not open at all when the car was found the first time because of the holiday weekend. I actually called this second yard searching for the car Sunday and Monday when the first yard claimed to have never been called by SP. No word on how exactly that happened or if there was a stupid mix up. I was able to contact that yard just before closing to verify that the car is there. The owner claims that the car looks good and appears complete. No broken windows or obvious missing parts. Hopefully that is actually true. I will find out when I can get back out there.

If I find out more about what the hell happened I will share that too.
Not to get your hopes up but I had a 92 civic cx stolen and it was found a ways from my home and towed to a yard. Contacted the yard and they told me "the car looks complete, they must of taken it out for a joy ride". Drove about an hour and a half north to the yard and my car was a bare shell. They wanted me there so I would either have to pay for the car to be junked or pay to have the shell towed all the way home....
Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Amazingly it runs. It actually runs! It will need a clutch and maybe the trans rebuilt because it is rough. They beat the poop out of it. And now that leak on the header is really bad, so a header too. I think they got in through the rear window. It is shoved down and not coming up. Besides that it is all there and no obvious damage to the keys and column. We used OUR keys. Going to have to ask my brother if he ever lost his keys because it is so odd.

The car is there and appears complete. We lucked out big time but I am a little confused and bothered by that.

They also left us with their Iphone... not sure what to do with that yet

A big thank you to all of you who were watching for the car