New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Should it be fixed

Old 05-23-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cleenyc99
nope none first time doing most of this stuff. I got the car mostly back together but haven't taken any pics yet. hit me up the next time your at single cut ill pass by u could check it out

wow, that's awesome.

sounds good man.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

A friend of mine just replaced a quarter panel here in upstate. $500 for the panel from Honda on my discount and $1100 for labor
Old 06-02-2016, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
A friend of mine just replaced a quarter panel here in upstate. $500 for the panel from Honda on my discount and $1100 for labor
that's good deal on labor. at the time the q'er was on back order and I wasn't waiting for Honda to release a part when they couldn't tell me if they where ever going to make them again
Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

around the tail light and the kick panel its just seam sealer that holds the panel on
DSC_0865 by liam r, on Flickr
DSC_0864 by liam r, on Flickr
Hi,

how did you manage to detach / unglue it at this part?

Did you use any solvents or similar? I am trying to take my quarter panel off, but the glue is quite strong...
Old 09-29-2016, 11:34 AM

are you going to be reusing the quarter panel your trying to remove? if not make sure all the spot welds are separated, there is one at the tip where the tail light meets the trunk don't miss that one. then a little heat from the outside will get the sealer to release.
if its the donor your having a hard time removing. Then cut the tail panel where the light mounts to get the qer off the car. Then lay it flat and you can use a LITTLE heat from the back right behind the sealer it should release np.... if it's still fighting you might have to use a panel tool or putty knife to separate the panels. just remember any damage caused will have to be repaired
Old 10-01-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you going to be reusing the quarter panel your trying to remove? if not make sure all the spot welds are separated, there is one at the tip where the tail light meets the trunk don't miss that one. then a little heat from the outside will get the sealer to release.
if its the donor your having a hard time removing. Then cut the tail panel where the light mounts to get the qer off the car. Then lay it flat and you can use a LITTLE heat from the back right behind the sealer it should release np.... if it's still fighting you might have to use a panel tool or putty knife to separate the panels. just remember any damage caused will have to be repaired

Thanks for the tips...

I had to heat it up a lot to get it to release, but managed to do it at the end
Old 01-20-2017, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great repair work! I am currently taking on the same battle right now, having to replace the rear quarter and the door (semi truck side swipe). Im just at the point where im ready to start tackling the QP and wondering if soft top removal was required to gain access to the top edge of QP? I found a color matched panel from a donor that i have yet to purchase...would i be able to swap these out without having to respray anything? Thanks!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:50 AM

soft top removal depends on how much damage there is if only the outer qer panel skin was dented then no you can leave it in. you would only have to remove the trim to access the spot welds. I could have left my soft top in that's what most shops concerned with time would have done. you will most definitely need the qer resprayed, so the color does not matter. please do some home work read some body forums and learn what's involved. youtube and autobody101 forum is a start. this is not a repair to take lightly and will not be correct if you rush the process. what side was damaged and where are you located?
pm me if you have more questions
Old 01-21-2017, 06:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

You will have to have it blend in or it will look off
Old 03-09-2017, 06:08 PM

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/137286331@N06/, on Flickr

I'm hoping some one has an ap2 subframe laying around or the car is up on stands and is willing to help me out. I have my subframe out trying to make sure it wasn't tweaked from my accident before I clean and paint it. I was able to find most of the measurement but I need the length of the yellow line in the image. width of the lower tubes on center at the rear. if that makes sense

thanks guys

Quick Reply: Should it be fixed