New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Hello upstate

Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Hello upstate

Hey everybody, just thought I'd introduce myself to the upstate forums so when I start commenting in threads, some are not left thinking "Who the hell is this guy?"
My name is Andrew and I grew up in the Finger Lakes area, bought my S new from John Holtz Honda in '03, moved out West in '11, and just moved back to NY last week. Both my wife and I are already employed (made the move before we even had jobs) which goes to show the healthy job market here compared to the county we left behind. Right now we are renting a small apartment and looking to get approved for a mortgage so we can get into a house asap. Happy to be back eating good Buffalo Wings, Fish Frys, no droughts, cheaper auto insurance, no forest fires, closer to family and old friends, and most importantly, access to my 4-post lift that is in my buddies shop. Working on the S with floor jacks and stands these past 5 years sucked! My S is currently back in Oregon in storage and I will be flying out at the end of May to drive it back. If you're interested in what I was mostly doing with my S while I lived in CA (besides driving on some of the best mountain/canyon/coastal twisties in northern CA/southern OR) click the link in my sig or you can read my build here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti...build-1160569/
I really wanted to attend the Levi (never attended when I lived here before) drive and do the S2000's at the Glen track day in July but my wife is due with our third offspring then Maybe more drives will be organized later in the season or I can find some other track event, but I doubt I will have the funds or time for track events. But there is always next year, and I'm an optimist.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Welcome back, I remember you posting here back in the day.
Levi
Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Welcome back. Do you still plan to keep doing the hillclimbs?
Old 03-25-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Welcome back, I remember you posting here back in the day.
Levi
Thanks for the welcome, yeah I was the guy who had his hardtop beat up by the moving company.

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Welcome back!
Thanks, it is good to be back. I've had some pm's with you Conedodger, looking forward to meeting you someday, and I think we own twins, Suzuka twins

Originally Posted by A 2
Welcome back. Do you still plan to keep doing the hillclimbs?
Hey A 2, certainly (unfortunately) not the West coast ones, probably not the East coast ones either because I never put a roll bar in my S. I will definitely try to get on some 'local' tracks with organizations that allow one to run without a roll bar, but I'm also not going to be committed to becoming a track junkie like you or blueosprey for example. I would like to be a track junkie, but, my wife and family life responsibilities kind of take precedent. And of course, funds, we all know how expensive tracking your car can be, especially if you're going all in, building a safe dedicated race car.

Last edited by saving4one; 03-25-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Andrew, I put you back on the Upstate Who's Who list.
Levi
Old 03-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by saving4one
I've had some pm's with you Conedodger, looking forward to meeting you someday, and I think we own twins, Suzuka twins
We actually met once, years ago, on one of Triple H's drives.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Andrew, I put you back on the Upstate Who's Who list.
Levi
Thanks Levi!
Originally Posted by Conedodger
We actually met once, years ago, on one of Triple H's drives.
Was it the drive where Doug took that awesome picture of all our S2k's lined up at the Canandaigua Lake overlook? I have that printed out and framed.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by saving4one
Was it the drive where Doug took that awesome picture of all our S2k's lined up at the Canandaigua Lake overlook? I have that printed out and framed.
I don't think so. We started at a gas station near the Thruway just north of Canandaigua, had a stop in Hammondsport at a lakeshore park, and ended at MacGreggors back in Canandaigua.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:00 PM

I remember that one, that was about 9 or 10 years ago! My wife and I weren't married yet, she was with me on the drive but I think I dropped her off at home before MacGreggors? My long term memory is a little dusty, probably why I don't remember meeting you

Quick Reply: Hello upstate