New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

MG on Track - Season 7

Old 06-03-2016, 02:04 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Too excited to sleep, but the birds should be singing soon.

I hauled the car up to Lime Rock after work yesterday. Paddock already half full and coming to life. I just love the scene!

Chris Meyers with the #29 (Collier Cup winner in '58 and '59), Mike Clifford, Jim Juhas with the #311, the TR-3 of Jackie A on the big trailer. Waiting on a few more. It's going to be a competitive and fun run group. Weather should be good enough. I'm hoping to run 2 cameras.
Woah! You really are up earlier than the birds.

Good luck to you and the rest of the drivers. I'll look forward to the videos.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have a great smile filled weekend! Good luck to all but I'm in your corner.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a great weekend!
Harry
Old 06-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Oh Wow! Quite a stimulating day!

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:27 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Oh Wow! Quite a stimulating day!

Looking forward to tomorrow.
That's sounds like you had a great day and the car ran well. Tell us more when you get a chance. Waiting to read all about it.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:09 AM

Besides my stop in the Sam Posey Rest Area and the loss of about 4 positions in Run 3, had a very tight race in run 4 qualifying race.

Rain threatened and not many cars showed, but a tight race in my estimation. My Nemesis nipped me at the finish.

The #298 MGA is suddenly a threat. It happened all to fast to write up. Trying to upload some video. Unfortunately unable to do a split screen showing front and rear views. So you'll need to settle for two videos.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:09 AM

About to head back to the track. Some of yesterday's action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyeyq-Ob3PA
Old 06-04-2016, 04:33 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Just watched the video. The car sound so much better than it did in the past. You seem more comfortable as well.

Who is driving the 298? Is it someone new? What about the #218?

I think Jeff Daigle is running with you this weekend too. Hope his races went well.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:52 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

So how was yesterday?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:48 AM

What an exciting weekend! After practice and qualifying runs, I ran a qualifying race on Friday and three races on Saturday. The racing was the tightest I have ever had, with as much action behind the car as in front. No crashes, but just tight action by about six or seven cars.

I had a relatively good qualifying time on Friday, so I had a favorable grid position. But on every start, I immediately lost ground as three or four cars would zoom past me before Turn 1. And of course, I was waiting for someone to make a bonehead move to take me out in the brake zone or in the turn itself, so perhaps I was a little too tentative. “Settle down boy and you can pick them off one at a time” I’m thinking as each race starts, but in reality, that was just my delusional self speaking.

I had plenty of chances and had the whole pack “in my sights”. Unfortunately, the instinct for self survival in the corners was such that by the end of the race, none of those guys had me in their sights as we crossed the finish line. Somehow or other, as each race progressed, I found a way to work myself toward the back of the pack. Usually a pass in the corner – even if it wasn’t me getting passed – was enough to slow my momentum so that the car behind was able to get by. Sometime a much faster car would find a lane by me (that corner worker would waive that drat blue and yellow flag in my face!) and he would bring along one or two cars that I’d been desperately trying to stave off the entire race.

In the second race on Saturday, entering the Left Hander in lap 2, I get a whiff of gasoline and the car starts to die. I try to get far off the pavement to a safe spot next to the tire wall. The corner worker waives me closer to the flag station (or so I thought), so I moved the car, but ended up in an even more dangerous spot. Yellow flag out and the truck comes out to flat tow me into the Uphill chicane until the race is over. Turns out one of the banjo bolts on the rear carburetor had come loose. Lucky I didn’t catch on fire as that leaking carb is right above the hot exhaust. Got it back together and in doing so, noticed a few other loose fittings at the carbs. The only positive was that the truck driver complimented me on my flat tow technique.

Now, since I can't expect everyone to spend the day watching my videos, here are some photos as the race progressed from my rear facing camera, Race 3 on Sunday. Every race was just like this, with cars hot on my tail.

MG on Track - Season 7-nnwy94i.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-hhwzpqv.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-gfxmm7c.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-tmiabsy.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-th6x2hd.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-rm14ptm.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-fshytrr.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-a56rdkh.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-wr3qnbd.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-b8jfwr9.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-tddrlha.jpg

MG on Track - Season 7-0ecq35y.jpg