New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Mr. Grieb's Build Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Mr. Grieb's Build Thread

5/7/2017 - Update on Page 5

So the first time I posted on here was August of last year and I planned on becoming an active member but too busy with school and work and completely forgot about this. But, i'm back and determined to make an effort to become an active member on the pages. I'm coming up on my 1 year of ownership and I feel i've made pretty good progress so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Day I got her.. Those 19s had to go!

My old Spoon CR93's looked and fit much better. 235/45/17 Yokohama S.Drives

The only mod done to her was this strut bar.

APR cooling plate to cover up some ugly

Oem Honda decklid

TL-S brembos because I was bored and wanted a project

Luckily had like 1-2mm of gap between spokes and calipers

Picked up a T1R dual from a kid a penn. Drove like 9 hours but only paid $350 so it was worth it!

My new daily! I had a 2000 toyota Rav4 but with 188k miles she was dying.. Here comes my 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5!

Finally got a DSLR camera! Nikon D3300

First Auto X event @ the Ralph Wilson Stadium

Random Interior Shot!

I was bored of the CR93's and wanted something SBC. Evasive had a deal on some TC105N's in SBC i couldn't resist. 17x9 +49

They're so light compared to the CR93's

Wrapped in my old S.Drives. Once I need tires I'll get some proper 255/40/17s in a RE71R or maybe some Nittos. Haven't decided yet

Also Got a good deal on some Fortune Auto 510s! 10k front, 9k rear. paid $1050 shipped. They look almost brand new once cleaned.

Driveshaft spacers & Rigid Collars & Weds center caps all waiting to be installed when I get a chance to go home from school.

Last edited by Mr. Grieb; 05-07-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:10 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice looking car Nolan. If performance driving is what appeals to you be sure to join us at Watkins Glen in July. Have you met Chris Allen? He is from your neck of the woods and an avid autocrosser.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 AM

Thank you! I will hopefully be making an appearance! I saw the list of track events the other day on the northeast forum. Anyone ever go to Toronto Motorsports Park? Looks like a good time & the Speed Academy guys use it a lot. And yes i've met Chris at the last Auto X event I attended along with Mark Seelbinder. Both extremely helpful and super nice.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Grieb
Thank you! I will hopefully be making an appearance! I saw the list of track events the other day on the northeast forum. Anyone ever go to Toronto Motorsports Park? Looks like a good time & the Speed Academy guys use it a lot. And yes i've met Chris at the last Auto X event I attended along with Mark Seelbinder. Both extremely helpful and super nice.
Never been to TMP but given that its not too far of a hike from Buffalo I was thinking about hitting it up this summer at some point. Pricing actually seems to be really solid.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks pretty good. I'm sure you've considered lowering it about an inch or so.
Otherwise car looks great.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by shiv
Never been to TMP but given that its not too far of a hike from Buffalo I was thinking about hitting it up this summer at some point. Pricing actually seems to be really solid.
Yeah i noticed that they're extremely reasonable! send me a message if you're from the buffalo area! I'd definitely be willing to go check it out.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR
Looks pretty good. I'm sure you've considered lowering it about an inch or so.
Otherwise car looks great.
I'm actually still on stock coils and everything right now. I am waiting to go home from school to install everything. I think the previous owner of the coils had them set pretty low so I will make adjustments once installed.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like you have a good start for an STR setup. I would put a big front sway bar at the top of the list for future mods. Hope to see you out at some events this year.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Grieb
Yeah i noticed that they're extremely reasonable! send me a message if you're from the buffalo area! I'd definitely be willing to go check it out.
Yep I'm from Buffalo. I'll definitely hit you up as I figure out a solid schedule. I also hit up quite a few hpde and soon to be tt events. Check out the Track day thread when you get a chance for events. We do a group s2k event at the Glen in July which is always a hoot.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Looks like you have a good start for an STR setup. I would put a big front sway bar at the top of the list for future mods. Hope to see you out at some events this year.
Hopefully I can make it out this year. For summer I'll be back in Syracuse but when school starts up again in August I'll attend the events in Buffalo. What sway bar do you recommend?
Offtopic; but I used a picture of your car i had on my camera from the event last year in my presentation on AutoX rules & Techniques. You were the example of "Driving at the limit"

Quick Reply: Mr. Grieb's Build Thread