NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

MMA fans

Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<<<BJJ fan trained months back
trained with gracie family in peru years ago.
but work had me all over the country this year going to start again in april. Shrimping !!!!!
I am a huge Silva fan and go to local pub for Sat night UFC fights.
anyone ever in Morris County area hit me up for some events.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM

I'm a bj penn fan just like you Z so I didnt miss his last fight. I was happy he won the tie breaker vs Matt hughes. Hughes isn't a striker, he got knocked out hard. On the other hand Matt Hughes has a lot of wins, forgot what his record is but he has more wins over Penn.

Feel free to jack this thread mndthegap1, we're just discussing MMA.

I think franky is gonna hold that title for a while, I didn't think he was gonna beat Penn. He reminds me of Keith jardine on red bull with his awckward striking and quickness plus hes a good wrestler
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 AM

I have taken Kempo, Miaru Ninjitsu, and a mix of other stuff back in the day. I stick to the gym now even though I have taken Dec off to enjoy the holiday feasting lol

As for MMA.. I see here and there but can't get into it. I saw that Shogun vs Machida fight and it was total BS. Even the crowd at the even started boo'ing when they announced who won and you could hear how everyone thought it was rigged. I'll stick to watching the good parts when Spike TV shows the knock out episodes lol.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Well let's not 4Get now that Dana bought the wec THe 155 class is gonna be stacked with phenomenal fighters!!!! Which is gonna be even tuffer for penn to climb back into contention! Especially if he doesn't take fighting.seriously!!I personally I think he should bump up to 170 which is a good weight for him and take it from there! STay away from the 155's... and as far as gsp vs Silva I think Silva is the harder hitter they are both fast percise punchers obviously Anderson has te height and reach advantage but George is a smart fighter he will just fight a boring fight and point Anderson to death and then apologize to the crowd for not finishing him like he always does!!! I mean Cmon you couldn't tap or ko josh? You kidding me
Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 AM

MY top 10
1 penn
2 corture
3 belfort
4 militech/Robbie lawler
5 R gracie/j Chan
6 Q Jackson/vanerlie Silva
7 frank shamrock.... no not ken!
8 Rick rufus/bas rutten
9 Fedor amelienko
10 Remy bojanski
ANd every other Brazilian fighter out there lol!!!
SOrry if I miss spelled some names on my mobile phone!
I know theses a bunch more but like I said b4 I CAn go on and on Lol
Old 12-29-2010, 12:39 PM

Yeah the 1st shogun vs machida fight was great but the outcome was total bs. The judges screwed it up big time, machida looked banged up all over. I really couldn't believe it. I watched that match at a buffalo wild wings at the palisades mall and everyone was booing including myself lol.

I'm also taking a break from judo/jujitsu, but I plan on getting back into it around springish. Weight lifting and strength training will have to do for now. Is it just me or BJJ got really pricey all of a sudden. How much are you guys paying monthly for what you train in?

kels, how was training with the gracies?

Mndthegap1, you're right about gsp. He hasn't really finished a fight in a while, but he is smart and trains hard. The guy has horse legs!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 PM

^i'm always right when it comes to fghts lol.... I trian at a militiech camp havent been there for a while cause Im a new home owner and id rather put the money towards the bills so can keep my 'S' I was at 200 a month but think its more now!!! so i just roll with my training partner and hit the bags in my garage. how ya lke my list drifter?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:50 PM

$180 for unlimited monthly BJJ classes. All classes are normally taught by Jamie Cruz, who is a black belt under Master Renzo Gracie.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:58 PM

Some bjj gym near me wanted $250ish I think. I wouldve joined with them if it were less. I have bills to pay and I would like to keep my toys as well so I also roll here and there with some friends until I come across a decent gym with a decent fee.

Your list needs to be more organized lol. How about start off with light weights and work your way up. I don't recognize some of the names you mentioned in your list but maybe I know their faces. Also, are you giving us your opinion on who you believe are the top 10 fighters or these are your top 10 favorite fighters?

I haven't gave it much thought but here goes my fav top 10;

Lightweight: bj Penn, Jose Aldo, the Cali kid, Nate Diaz

Welterweight: thaigo alvez, gsp (sometimes), Matt hughes

Middleweight: a. Silva, w. Silva, Dan Henderson

Light heavyweight: shogun, rampage, machida, Rashad, johnny bones

heavyweight: lesnar, mir, cain

I went over 10 and I think I screwed up my list

Z that sounds like a decent price, do you get to go more than once a week?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER,Dec 29 2010, 08:58 PM
Lightweight: bj Penn, Jose Aldo, the Cali kid, Nate Diaz

Welterweight: thaigo alvez, gsp (sometimes), Matt hughes

Middleweight: a. Silva, w. Silva, Dan Henderson

Light heavyweight: shogun, rampage, machida, Rashad, johnny bones

heavyweight: lesnar, mir, cain

I went over 10 and I think I screwed up my list

Z that sounds like a decent price, do you get to go more than once a week?
I typically go to class 3x a week and lift 2x a week. Once I am done with my exam this coming June, I am going to try to go at least 4 to 5x a week. The only way to get better is to roll.

Quick Reply: MMA fans