NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro 2015/16 NFL Chat

Old 04-15-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sup everyone, can't wait for the season to start. Draft Day is around the corner and it will bring us all closer to Football Season. I'm not the only Dallas fan on here and trust me there's plenty more. Just curious to see what happens, Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon is the question. Don't want to go AP and inherite 12 mil this season and almost 30 more the following 2. So where does everyone catch the games? I do home when I'm on locally, but usually Applebee's on Route 3 or Hooters on 17. Once the season starts, we should plan a meet. Oh and I'm looking forward to the Jets, gotta get through that Oline first tho.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2ToNe
Sup everyone, can't wait for the season to start. Draft Day is around the corner and it will bring us all closer to Football Season. I'm not the only Dallas fan on here and trust me there's plenty more. Just curious to see what happens, Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon is the question. Don't want to go AP and inherite 12 mil this season and almost 30 more the following 2. So where does everyone catch the games? I do home when I'm on locally, but usually Applebee's on Route 3 or Hooters on 17. Once the season starts, we should plan a meet. Oh and I'm looking forward to the Jets, gotta get through that Oline first tho.
Another Dallas fan. Nice. There is one question I always ask Dallas fans I meet. Do you think Tony Romo will ever get you to and win a superbowl?

Welcome to the Metro NFL chat. Sadly, not to many football watching meets anymore since I moved to FL. I would usually host them at Buffalo Wild Wings in Hicksville a few years back. I still post on here because there is no place like Metro (home).

I am confident that someone will eventually step up and plan a meet. Talk to Jose aka JLozano aka Adobo Lover #1. He took over the CO duties after I left and is great at setting up meets.

Back to the football chat. I can't wait for this year to start. AFC East vs NFC East. The schedule is due out any day now. I might go to one of the Tampa Bay/Miami games either vs the Giants or Cowboys if it doesn't conflict with the Jets games. I will also like to apologize ahead of time for sending Romo to the bench after he is injured from the constant attack from the Sons of Anarchy who are now supported by the Dynamic CB Duo.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I cant wait for the draft. I would definitely do a football meet at like wild wings
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM

I get so excited when someone posts here. Dude you missed the drunken Tom Brady bashing convo we had at the Dragon. I think you was busy doing a night drive or eating one of the Adobo Hamburgers.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by S2ToNe' timestamp='1429164447' post='23579723
Another Dallas fan. Nice. There is one question I always ask Dallas fans I meet. Do you think Tony Romo will ever get you to and win a superbowl?

Welcome to the Metro NFL chat. Sadly, not to many football watching meets anymore since I moved to FL. I would usually host them at Buffalo Wild Wings in Hicksville a few years back. I still post on here because there is no place like Metro (home).

I am confident that someone will eventually step up and plan a meet. Talk to Jose aka JLozano aka Adobo Lover #1. He took over the CO duties after I left and is great at setting up meets.

Back to the football chat. I can't wait for this year to start. AFC East vs NFC East. The schedule is due out any day now. I might go to one of the Tampa Bay/Miami games either vs the Giants or Cowboys if it doesn't conflict with the Jets games. I will also like to apologize ahead of time for sending Romo to the bench after he is injured from the constant attack from the Sons of Anarchy who are now supported by the Dynamic CB Duo.
With the O-Line coverage we're good, as long as Romo stays health and with some time in the pocket he could. Also Dez caught it, we would have gone all the way. That being said he has a great consistent QBR, just folds easily. With a better, younger, and healthier line he has potential to go far. Time is running out, I give him 3 more years tops and even he knows it. We need to draft a young back and start looking for his replacement. Truth be told, I'm not a Romo fan at all but hope this year we do well like last year. Even our secondary is improving, but still needs much more work. All I know is we better long term Dez and trade off McFadden ASAP. I would have taken C.J Spiller instead or even Knowshon Moreno over McFadden any day, even though this o-line will even make him look good. A health Murray would have done another 1800+ and shouldn't have been let go, but I'm not mad at him, just mad he went to a division rival.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 AM

With the O-Line coverage we're good, as long as Romo stays health and with some time in the pocket he could. Also Dez caught it, we would have gone all the way. That being said he has a great consistent QBR, just folds easily. With a better, younger, and healthier line he has potential to go far. Time is running out, I give him 3 more years tops and even he knows it. We need to draft a young back and start looking for his replacement. Truth be told, I'm not a Romo fan at all but hope this year we do well like last year. Even our secondary is improving, but still needs much more work. All I know is we better long term Dez and trade off McFadden ASAP. I would have taken C.J Spiller instead or even Knowshon Moreno over McFadden any day, even though this o-line will even make him look good. A health Murray would have done another 1800+ and shouldn't have been let go, but I'm not mad at him, just mad he went to a division rival.

That right there is why I don't think Romo will ever get a ring. Plus Jerry Jones is the biggest POS second only to Belicheat... oops I mean Belichick.

Dez did not catch it but we can argue about that all day and I rather not. Sounds like you do your homework. This thread should be fun once the season is on it's way. I am going to apologize ahead of time for getting all mean and Grangreen on ya'll NFC East teams. AFC East vs NFC East is going to be legendary!!!

While the Jets still need a QB and edge rusher, as of now we have the makings of a top 3 defense. Let's see how health and new regime play out. I am confident that Bowles is our guy. I haven't totally given up on Geno but he needs to work on looking off receivers.

Bills defense was insane already. Now with Rex.... they are going to be out for blood.

Miami picked up Suh but suffered a few losses. I wonder what that one guy will bring to Miami as a whole. Will Tannehill take the next step up is the big question for them.

Eagles are going through a very confusing over haul. What is Chip up to!? Genius or bat shit crazy?

Giants always do great through the draft but still have Eli running for his life. Have they done ANYTHING to help with that o-line?

Skins, ugh ... Poor poor Barry.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by S2ToNe' timestamp='1429323380' post='23582470

That right there is why I don't think Romo will ever get a ring. Plus Jerry Jones is the biggest POS second only to Belicheat... oops I mean Belichick.

Dez did not catch it but we can argue about that all day and I rather not. Sounds like you do your homework. This thread should be fun once the season is on it's way. I am going to apologize ahead of time for getting all mean and Grangreen on ya'll NFC East teams. AFC East vs NFC East is going to be legendary!!!

While the Jets still need a QB and edge rusher, as of now we have the makings of a top 3 defense. Let's see how health and new regime play out. I am confident that Bowles is our guy. I haven't totally given up on Geno but he needs to work on looking off receivers.

Bills defense was insane already. Now with Rex.... they are going to be out for blood.

Miami picked up Suh but suffered a few losses. I wonder what that one guy will bring to Miami as a whole. Will Tannehill take the next step up is the big question for them.

Eagles are going through a very confusing over haul. What is Chip up to!? Genius or bat shit crazy?

Giants always do great through the draft but still have Eli running for his life. Have they done ANYTHING to help with that o-line?

Skins, ugh ... Poor poor Barry.
We won't argue, agree to disagree. Funny though in the Super Bowl a similar play was ruled a complete pass and Seattle didn't have possession. Moving on its a new season, I hope you guys do well, your front line kills your team and Geno, give up...he can't run the option and anything past 30 yards is a guaranteed pic with Geno. I always said the only reason they Pats have playoff wins consistently is cause that division sucks. I like the Jets but your higher ups make it hard for that team to develop, been their down l fall for the past 60 years. I feel you pain, the Jones family, smh. Rex wasn't the fault of that system, watch him turn shit around in Buffalo as proof. That said, I see hope this year for you guys, atleast 9-7. Can't wait and I'm game to start a meet for the preseason and season opener, especially when we play this year.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM

...and of course cause the Patriots and Bill cheat more than politicians do on their wives.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM

...and of course cause the Patriots and Bill cheat more than politicians do on their wives.
This could possibly be the best thing I have ever read on s2ki lol

Yeah, sometimes the calls don't always go as we see them. They are making some changes to the rule books this year to reflect that BS tactic that Belicheat borrowed from a college game that allowed them to win over the Ravens. Brady starts crying about getting sacked so here comes a way to exploit the rule book and catch the W. Was it a win? Yes. Was it an ethical one? No but that's just the Patriot way.

Hey if a politician was able to steal an election, why can't the Pats steal a super bowl. Hmmm whatever happen to deflate gate? Keep up the good work Goodell. Moving the draft to Chicago will not stop the boo'ing when you get up on stage.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:24 PM

Lol, yes so true. We'll see if they help keep this game how it should be. Off topic, you doing the Bear Mountain Drive? We should see at that pint if we could start something for the football season. Oh and you said Chip is crazy, got that right Tebow...really! Can't wait for this season to start.

Quick Reply: Official Metro 2015/16 NFL Chat