NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro NFL 2013/14 Season thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Metro NFL 2013/14 Season thread

Got some great match ups opening day.

As of right now I have my Jets coming out with 4 wins. Sad but true. That may change after the draft and preseason.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM

Hoping to catch my first Jets game, I'm a Steelers fan though
Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

go redskins. hopefully rg3 is ready to go within the first few weeks. i dont mind kirk cousins starting the first few games just to ensure griffin's health.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM

I might be up for opening day for Jets vs Buccs

I'm hoping RG3 is ready as well. This year they better not put him at risk! I like watching last years rookie class. Luck had an easy schedule and anxious to see how well he does this year.

Cowboys vs Giants on opening Sunday night football. Looking to be a great opening weekend.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont even want to talk football this year. f@#k the jets, f@#k woody, f@#k Idzik.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
I dont even want to talk football this year. f@#k the jets, f@#k woody, f@#k Idzik.
Dude, don't tell me you're mad about Revis? Does it suck? Hell yes but it had to be done. We have to many holes to fill and just leading the league in pass defense only will not get us to the super bowl. Curse Sanchez all you want but just about any QB with no protection will suck. No receivers. He will suck. No strong front on D and teams will run all day on us not to mention have all day to throw. Revis is now a top defensive paid player that we could not afford. I am the biggest Revis fan but it was bound to happen. Had we ran out his contract and not been able to pay him he would have walked and worst of all Belichump would have most certainly picked him up and we would have been left empty handed. At least we have two 1st round picks this year and more next year (conditional). Anybody please try and tell me how we made a bad move!? Lol

Oh and don't forget we have Cro who went to the pro bowl and stepped up in Revis absence. He also wasn't greedy and restructured his deal like Holmes if I'm not mistaken. No team has ever won it all on the back of a Cornerback. It is bitter sweet but had to be done.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Did the Skins do anything in free agency or draft?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

they had a pretty solid draft. got a few defensive players and 2 running backs. they finally got a Rutgers player, running back Jawan Jamison. Rutgers had 7 players drafted. The Pats drafted 3 RU players.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:41 PM

Was talking to an Eagles fan and he didn't think skins would take division. Doubt the Eagles will do much but who can tell right now anyway. NFC East will be tough.

After the draft the Jets are looking better but will have to wait and see how so many changes both in coaching staff and players work out.

The best thing for them to do is develop Geno and let Sanchez go next year if he still does nothing now that we picked up some help on the o-line.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

you like the geno pick?

I am not sure how I feel with 1000000 QBs on the current roster. do we still have the virgin too? we need more dudes like mangold up front and a atleast one more guy than can catch. assuming mark is the starter who is he going to throw to now that keller is down and out?? oo yea keep drafting D maybe cro will get us more TDs LOL

f@#k the jets. unless geno can be the guy to bring it all together (which I doubt) this year is a wash.

Quick Reply: Official Metro NFL 2013/14 Season thread