NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Sony PS4

Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i bought an xbox never had a ring of death =) its just like anything else, theres always a chance of bad batches slipping through QA. i am def super excited for The Division, that is something that xbox live will get my money with. a game like that with a bad network will suck
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My PS3 has been mostly used for Netflix and Gran Turismo. I have had no time for video games in recent years but most guys I work with have been doing multi player on PS network. I am curious now why they haven't gone the xbox rout. Is the xbox network that much better? How so and how can you tell?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Community Organizer

i played COD on my nephews PS3 once, i could not get through one game. it was just a lag fest. registration issues and game drops were more consistent than the mailman. lag switching, it was a shit show. they had no enforcement. ive seen people on xbox get banned for a long while for boosting and such other hacks. so beginning of the year i gave my nephew my xbox and he has not touched his ps3 for COD since. experience may be different for most since we dont all play the same game. but for me it was not worth it. plus now xbox has been working with comcast and verizon so that the "other half" of the system is dedicated for media, meaning there will be a TV overlay. switching from game to tv is much easier. and with the separation there is dedicated halves for media and for gaming. i like all these functions, for me its totally worth it. microsoft hit it on the head for some people, its not just a gaming console, they aimed to be a media center for the family.

plus the whole online check in is pretty cool in a way such as THIS

its more than just data mining. and just like you i had my PS3 just for blu ray and GT. but man forza is looking gooooooood
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM

I just spoke with my coworkers and right now it's about price with them. They can live with what little lag they experience. I was never entirely sold on the xbox and still not. To each their own though. I probably won't even preorder the ps4 either. If history is any indication it should drop in price in a couple of xmas holidays from now and that's when I will pick one up. Truth be told my Nexus7 is getting all the attention in my house aside from my vinyl record player.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Community Organizer

yea, most people will say its the price point. like i said as long as it suits what you plan to use it for then all good. my brother bought a vinyl player, it is pretty cool. i wanted to get the nexus 7 but until my laptop dies i will not be buying new electronic gadgets. between my laptop and phone i have enough to keep me occupied. besides most of the time im holding the baby so i can possibly use a tablet anyways lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Nexus 7 has all but cut my laptop usage. Aside from more power hogging audio software and RDC'ing into work I do not even look at a laptop. I really miss gaming though and hoping that by the holidays I can dedicate a night or two to blowing shit up again. Does wonders to cope with the day to day BS lol.

Another person on the planet that owns a record player. Does your bro have a collection of records? Mine exceeds 3000 and has cost me more than all my gaming systems and games combined
Old 06-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Community Organizer

lol he def does not. he just started. and yes its great to blow off some steam by gaming and having a beer. usually me and my friends will pick a game and all play together and lan. makes for a fun and cheap night.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 PM

LOL I remember when LAN parties were only done by the uber nerds and took hours to set up.

Driveclub and Mad Max ... hmmmmmm PS4 just got very tempting ..
Old 06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Community Organizer

its the counter strike player in me that does lans =X haha yes im a nerd. but dont tell people
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM

When me and my boys were freelancing web and support out of my buddies apartment one of them would always be playing counter stike .. "go go go!" lmao nerds hard at work. Damn that takes me back. I never got into shooters like that. I was always messing with audio software and Blizzard games. I still love Starcraft 2 and the first Diablo.

Quick Reply: Sony PS4