Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Gun photo and video thread

Old 12-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and it aint much but i just baught a kel tek p11 9mm for personal carry and i was givin a 1948 mosin nagant. the mosin is fun to shoot, its like a canon
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme
How come the silencers shown in those vids were still so LOUD?
Cuz there is no such thing as a "silencer" ...its called a suppressor, it suppresses the noise of the shot (makes it more quiet). The crap you see in hollywood movies with the "silencer" making that little fart noise is just that... hollywood. It is not what suppressed guns really sound like.

That ammo he is shooting out of the Beretta in the first video is actually a lot quieter than most. The ammo he is using is subsonic. If you don't use subsonic ammo, you will get the supersonic "crack" as well, which cannot be suppressed.

The only real round that can be suppressed/silenced well is the .22 longrifle. Everything else is A LOT quieter when suppressed, but in reality, is nothing like what hollywood makes it out to be.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by CG
The Serbu Super Shorty 12 guage is a Class III? Why wouldn't it just be classed as a pistol? Did I miss something?
A couple of different reasons:

1) A short barreled shotgun (barrel under 18") which comes from the factory with a pistol grip instead of a stock is classified as an AOW and not a short-barrel shotgun because the GCA (Gun Control Act) describes a shotgun as "designed to be fired from the shoulder". (This is also why you have to be 21 to buy a pistol grip shotgun, but only 18 to buy a regular shotgun).

2) Smooth bore pistols are considered "Any other weapons" (The reason why the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor aren't class III is because they have a rifled bore.

3) Handguns with a vertical foregrip are also considered an AOW (that folded metal piece under the magazine tube is a vertical fore grip).

Technically, it could also be considered a "destructive device" because "Any non-sporting firearm with a bore over 0.50"" is considered a destructive device... But the ATF just labels it as an "Any other weapon" (The 0.50" rule is also why the ATF showed up and confiscated Taurus's 28-gauge Raging Judge).
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 AM

I'll have to take some better pics (and get the rest of the guns)... Here are a couple of my "evil" shotguns and rifles. Oh, and who is the kool aid drinker that gave the OP thumbs down???

Left to right: Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater, Sig556 w/Eotech 553, Converted Saiga-12, M&P 15-22
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM

Nice Saiga 12 conversion. Did you buy it like that or build it? I was looking for an already converted version but, the prices on some of them are just ridiculous. Any advice?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by JmanS2k
Nice Saiga 12 conversion. Did you buy it like that or build it? I was looking for an already converted version but, the prices on some of them are just ridiculous. Any advice?
Yeah, prices are crazy for converted guns. Brian at My linkhttp://www.firearmspro1.com/ did mine. He is located about 45 minutes from where I live, so I gave him the gun and he had it done in less than a week. His basic package is $370 and includes the following:
•Pistol Grip Conversion
•Tapco SAW Grip
•Tapco T6 Adjustable Stock
•Tromix or Carolina Shooters Supply Trigger Guard
•Custom Fit Tapco G2 Fire Control Group
•DuraCoating the underside of the receiver
•Gas System Overhaul

I have no complaints with Brian, he did a great job, and its better than waiting for 6 months to a year for Tony over at Tromix to do it. Brian can also sell you a complete gun for around $1050 if you want ($680 for the base gun and $370 for the conversion). He does all of the conversions for Impact Guns, and Impact sells them for over $1500.

I bought my gun back when they were cheap ($500), and then had him put an additional $800-900 worth of work into it.

He has a custom order form on his site that you can check out and pick what you want done and he'll send you a quote. His youtube account is PFIDude, so you can look him up and see a bunch of the different guns that he's done. He's got some good stuff.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by YoZUpZ
Originally Posted by JmanS2k' timestamp='1324592106' post='21257497
Yeah, prices are crazy for converted guns. Brian at My linkhttp://www.firearmspro1.com/ did mine. He is located about 45 minutes from where I live, so I gave him the gun and he had it done in less than a week. His basic package is $370 and includes the following:
•Pistol Grip Conversion
•Tapco SAW Grip
•Gas System Overhaul

I have no complaints with Brian, he did a great job, and its better than waiting for 6 months to a year for Tony over at Tromix to do it. Brian can also sell you a complete gun for around $1050 if you want ($680 for the base gun and $370 for the conversion). He does all of the conversions for Impact Guns, and Impact sells them for over $1500.

I bought my gun back when they were cheap ($500), and then had him put an additional $800-900 worth of work into it.

He has a custom order form on his site that you can check out and pick what you want done and he'll send you a quote. His youtube account is PFIDude, so you can look him up and see a bunch of the different guns that he's done. He's got some good stuff.
Yeah, actually I had checked out his work at this link.
here

I read some reviews and it seems he's got the best bang for the buck deal on them online as far as I know of. I was just wondering if he would customize one for me with a aluminum quad-rail, shark brake, Ergo or hogue grip, and possibly a Tromix or Ace stock?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JmanS2k
Originally Posted by YoZUpZ' timestamp='1324598876' post='21257734
[quote name='JmanS2k' timestamp='1324592106' post='21257497']
•Pistol Grip Conversion
•Tapco SAW Grip
•Gas System Overhaul

Yeah, actually I had checked out his work at this link.
here

I read some reviews and it seems he's got the best bang for the buck deal on them online as far as I know of. I was just wondering if he would customize one for me with a aluminum quad-rail, shark brake, Ergo or hogue grip, and possibly a Tromix or Ace stock?
[/quote]

Yeah, he can do all of that. If you go to that link I posted, half way down the page is a spot that says "Now taking orders, Custom Saiga Shotguns, and there is a custom order form that you can fill out and he'll get back to you with a quote.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 PM

Awesome, thanks.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoZUpZ
Originally Posted by CG' timestamp='1324259354' post='21246833
The Serbu Super Shorty 12 guage is a Class III? Why wouldn't it just be classed as a pistol? Did I miss something?
A couple of different reasons:

1) A short barreled shotgun (barrel under 18") which comes from the factory with a pistol grip instead of a stock is classified as an AOW and not a short-barrel shotgun because the GCA (Gun Control Act) describes a shotgun as "designed to be fired from the shoulder".
Thanks, I'd forgotten the reason.

Only recently has the state I live in approved SBR's and the county I live in will not approve suppressors.

Quick Reply: Gun photo and video thread