Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Pic Request: Amuse R1 front bumpers

Old 10-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

s2000gasstation by Klemen Jeram, on Flickr
Old 12-01-2016, 05:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be really helpful for people to put whether their bumper is a replica or authentic. Cars look amazing
Old 12-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Replica...one day I will get an authentic

ohHai by Jonathan Ralleca, on Flickr
Old 12-20-2016, 08:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Replica...one day I will get an authentic

ohHai by Jonathan Ralleca, on Flickr
Beautiful! May I ask what replica brand that you bought it from? I'm interested in purchasing one as well and I can't justify purchasing an authentic one just to be beat up from daily driving.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Breadcrumbs
I would love to get an authentic amuse bumper but I daily my car and I don't want to crack it or anything. What's everyone's experience with the Reps, shine auto, etc. I can't find any recent info on them. The best information I can find the writer states that he literally got the second bumper shine made and the post is from 2010 or 2011.
Lol I'm almost positive that was me. I wrote a comparison a long time ago. I'm at a point in my life where I don't think I'd go with a replica anymore. Fitment issues aren't worth the headache and I'm really picky with what goes on the car.

The amuse design has a more aggressive shark nose than the OEM bumper and a shop owner I spoke to told me poor replicas tend to be wavy in that area. Getting the finish to OEM quality, he'd charge 1k for prep and paint. The authentic one looked great with just paint and no extra work. I feel like the reason people get a replica is to save money. I don't know how good the replicas are now since I'm not on here much anymore but I'd rather not deal with the unknown of getting a bad replica and paying close to authentic money with the prep and paint.

I've had the bumper something like 6 years now and its still my favorite design. Bumper still looks really good though I have a some spider web through the paint from a hit/run the first week I got it painted. EX ran over a curb and flexed the bottom too much so it put a hairline crack into the lip but only flexes if I push from the bottom up. I'd say it's held up quite well.

Still love the car and wouldn't dream of parting with it. Car fresh back from getting hit on the drivers side. Signature Autobody does amazing paint. Check out Go Tuning's cars
Pic Request: Amuse R1 front bumpers-gz0cjop.jpg
Old 10-23-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can finally post in here after dreaming for one! Thanks to @dimsum_jon I was able to pick up an excellent-fitting replica bumper. Just one broken tab and a minor scuff, but still certainly looks better than the original bumper that I had on it! Woohoo!
Old 10-24-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
Lol I'm almost positive that was me. I wrote a comparison a long time ago. I'm at a point in my life where I don't think I'd go with a replica anymore. Fitment issues aren't worth the headache and I'm really picky with what goes on the car.

The amuse design has a more aggressive shark nose than the OEM bumper and a shop owner I spoke to told me poor replicas tend to be wavy in that area. Getting the finish to OEM quality, he'd charge 1k for prep and paint. The authentic one looked great with just paint and no extra work. I feel like the reason people get a replica is to save money. I don't know how good the replicas are now since I'm not on here much anymore but I'd rather not deal with the unknown of getting a bad replica and paying close to authentic money with the prep and paint.

I've had the bumper something like 6 years now and its still my favorite design. Bumper still looks really good though I have a some spider web through the paint from a hit/run the first week I got it painted. EX ran over a curb and flexed the bottom too much so it put a hairline crack into the lip but only flexes if I push from the bottom up. I'd say it's held up quite well.

Still love the car and wouldn't dream of parting with it. Car fresh back from getting hit on the drivers side. Signature Autobody does amazing paint. Check out Go Tuning's cars
This was my experience also - the Shine bumper I received fitted pretty darn well, but the lower mouth opening was soo wavy. In all fairness they accepted the return after sending pictures and stated it was a random flaw. Their customer service is really good, and I may try them again in the near future.

For the type of driving I do, it's not worth spending $1400 plus paint on a fiberglass bumper; I spend very little time at car meets and more time on gravel roads or exploring the back roads, but enjoy the occasional photo shoot. Plus the GF really enjoys driving it and the more risk there is for her the less she enjoys it, which means I enjoy it less.

If it was urethane it would be a different story...
Old 12-19-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

4th Amuse R1 front lol, but this one is authentic, so hopefully this one lasts awhile!

The following 2 users liked this post by jaor.s2k:
boys2k (05-01-2019), Chikane (02-07-2018)