Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Post your aftermarket steering wheels here!

Old 12-03-2003, 08:07 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

While I don't have an aftermarket wheel in my S, and don't plan on installing one, I really do like the look of the Nardi wood range, and even the Momo Monte Carlo in wood. I think it would look super with a tan interior.

Am I the only one a little , or are there others that share my opinion?

Asif
Old 12-03-2003, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the look of the aftermarket wheels, and I can certainly understand the new feel, but I'd be worried about losing the airbag. How do you guys feel about it?

Also, if you have to go through all of the government forms, etc to get the passenger airbag switch, do you not need the same to get rid of the driver's side bag entirely?
Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 PM

Just noticed this thread....here goes. BTW, I probably will be selling this wheel if anyone is interested. The humidity down here can get so high that the carbon fiber can get slippery if the a/c isn't on. It looks phenominal and always is a topic of conversation when the top is down. I was in Barnes and Noble a few days ago looking out the window as two guys in their 40's were doing a walkaround. They were talking about the hood logo and when one of them walked up to the driver's side (top was down), he broke out into a grin and hollered over at the other guy as if to say, "you gotta see this." He was pointing down towards the wheel so I figured he was surprised to see it there. The other guy came over and nodded up and down which I thought probably was a good sign of approval. I've overheard guys in trucks idling next to me telling their passenger, "woah, take a look at that guy's steering wheel!" I'm probably going to have the shop in Italy send me a leather version or I might just buy another D-wheel if they're backordered (which they usually are). It Requires HKB hub (as would most) since by having the hub, your passenger air bag will continue to work and your SRS light will remain off. The wheel is only 12-inches wide and frees up a ton of legroom. Several grips and in the 9:3 you feel like Juan Pablo Montoya. The already razor sharp steering seems to be even quicker with this wheel. I chose it because I had one with my MR2-Spyder and liked it so much for the same reasons.
You can use the horn buttons for nitrous applications as well. Also, there are shift lights (red/yellow) that you can hook up. Way cool.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:30 PM

Ugly..
Old 12-03-2003, 07:57 PM

Old 12-03-2003, 10:10 PM

Old 12-04-2003, 08:12 AM

Form follows function boys.
The stock wheel sucks if you're 6-4. I needed the smallest D-wheel practical and the Simoni is it. Love it...found me a silver leather version I'll probably be buying. At least with this wheel I can make a turn beyond 7:2 without having to shift my legs to one side or the other (not a safe driving style). You guys who are 5-6, etc. are lucky. If it wasn't for my decision to go to an aftermarket wheel soon after buying, I probably would not have bought the car. Too tight a squeeze. Anyone who has seen me, I'm a big guy. 6-4, 235. What's funny is there is a TON more room in the Spyder than the S2000. Go figure. You sit in it like a bathtub though, definitely has more of a racer-style seating position.
I'd love to have put THIS wheel in the S2000 but wouldn't have enough reasons for the all the buttons.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:05 AM

Legal????

Gerry
Milton, FL
Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 PM

True Russ, sorry for the quick reply.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by s2000raj

Quick Reply: Post your aftermarket steering wheels here!