Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?

Hello all, first post and needing some input from other owners.

http://www.vwfairfield.com/used/Hond...0d1bf38c4f.htm

Found this used S2000 online and it seems like a decent deal. Salesperson from the dealership claims the car hasn't seen any rain or winter driving.

According to him and some pictures he took of the vehicle, the previous owner was an old man who only installed a cold air intake, an aftermarket head unit, and an amp in the trunk (I think there were upgraded speakers, I'll have to check).

Can anyone confirm if this dealer is ok to deal with?

Is anyone willing to visually inspect the vehicle for me? I can buy you lunch.

I am from Dallas, TX and would really appreciate anyone's help in my potential purchase of my first S2000 (relatively low mile, unmolested AP2).

VIN JHMAP21456S000066
2006 Honda S2000
40,500 miles

Thank you everone!
Old 09-20-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Not sure how old the "old man" was but I slam mine thru the gears in VTEC against the rev limiter sometimes when I drive it. Carfax will show where it lived. Dealers buy these at auctions all over the country. Tires? Car was built some time in 2005 (early 2006 serial number).

Price and mileage is right for a 2006 in the Ohio market where many of us only drive in the summer. This is also the region of heavy road salt and I'd want to see the bottom of the car myself. Here's my 2006 with about 40,000 miles to compare. Ohio car claimed never driven in winter.

Aftermarket exhaust just fitted in the photo. Compare the frame, etc. This is the end of the season up here and the dealer may want to move the car. If the car is matching numbers the price is in range. If it's a repaint or panels have been replaced I'd leave it alone. Original cars are only original once. Cobbled audio system is not a plus -- radio is useless at speed in this car! -- but you can fix that via Ebay.

Name:  P1010211_zpscdbnnflf.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  231.7 KB
Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 PM

The salesperson sent me pictures from underneath, thoughts?

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?-j2q7abt.jpg

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?-vqqww6q.jpg

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?-jfnurr8.jpg

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?-tm8dynn.jpg

Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?-zby7jqo.jpg
Old 09-21-2016, 01:26 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry for the lake of help on local dealer advice. The Cincy crew usually sticks to Facebook or s2kca. You may want to go there for help on the dealer info.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 AM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm local to this dealer, and my good buddy (nicknamed "Turbo") used to work there. I might know someone who works there still but I'd have to investigate.

Down the street is a Honda dealer, where my friend Jeff works, he is a master certified mechanic for the S2000. I gladly trust either Jeff or Turbo with any of my car purchases.

If you want and setup the arrangements with the dealer, I can take the car to him or to my other friend's shop. Jeff will have to charge dealer cost, Turbo will cost less but I have free reign at the shop and can take videos/drive/test anything.

I work from home so since I'm staying in town I can go almost any time you arrange. I'm widely known in this community and others, simply google my username.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:08 AM

Can you give me a ballpark of what costs will be? Is this something we discuss in a PM? Forgive me, I'm new here and I'm still figuring things out.

Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys
I'm local to this dealer, and my good buddy (nicknamed "Turbo") used to work there. I might know someone who works there still but I'd have to investigate.

Down the street is a Honda dealer, where my friend Jeff works, he is a master certified mechanic for the S2000. I gladly trust either Jeff or Turbo with any of my car purchases.

If you want and setup the arrangements with the dealer, I can take the car to him or to my other friend's shop. Jeff will have to charge dealer cost, Turbo will cost less but I have free reign at the shop and can take videos/drive/test anything.

I work from home so since I'm staying in town I can go almost any time you arrange. I'm widely known in this community and others, simply google my username.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Vinzer
Can you give me a ballpark of what costs will be? Is this something we discuss in a PM? Forgive me, I'm new here and I'm still figuring things out.
Jeff next door at the Honda dealer will charge $150, my friend Turbo (10 miles away) will charge $90.

Both are the top mechanics of their shop so the inspection will need to be scheduled several days in advance. You will need to get approval from VW for me to take the car, and schedule the appointment at Honda. I can schedule an appointment with Turbo as I talk to him and his boss each week anyway.

If you decide to commit, feel free to PM me personal type stuff. Non personal stuff can stay here for future people to reference.

I charge by the cheeseburger for my services Us locals will meet up with you if you visit.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys
Originally Posted by Vinzer' timestamp='1474477680' post='24066951
Is this something we discuss in a PM? Forgive me, I'm new here and I'm still figuring things out.
If you decide to commit, feel free to PM me personal type stuff. Non personal stuff can stay here for future people to reference.

I charge by the cheeseburger for my services Us locals will meet up with you if you visit.
FYI, there is a 2 week PM ban for new members. This is to help prevent scams. You will have to wait or find another way to communicate the more sensitive info.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:15 AM

The dealer will allow for the vehicle to be inspected, I'm kind of leaning towards the nearby Honda dealership. I am unsure as to how to send personal contact information without publishing that here on the forums.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:33 AM

Setup a time for inspection and setup a way to get payment ready with Honda in advance. I'm on books with both VW and Honda dealers but I won't do any pass-through payment. Email me at my username @gmail to verify I'm free.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Fairfield familiar with this dealer?