Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

SATURDAY - APRIL 16 - Astoria

Old 03-29-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SATURDAY - APRIL 16 - Astoria

Alright folks, here goes. I am planning the first Oregon S2ki drive of the year. I have a route mapped out, I have a lunch place that I want to go to and I want to spend a Saturday tearing up some backroads with some good friends in the best cars Honda has ever made!

The date is April 16th; the third Saturday of the month. The starting point is the McDonalds on Hwy 30 (the corner of NW Yeon and NW 26th). We will leave at 8am sharp!. The lunch stop is going to be Fort George Brew Pub in Astoria. I won’t divulge too many details of the route, but let’s just say we should have a fun trip out to Astoria.

I will not be emailing out a route map. Those that show up on Saturday will get a copy. I want everyone that shows up to drive to their level and comfort. Know that this is not a race; it is just a fun gathering. I will not require proof of insurance or license, or require you to sign a waiver of liability or anything, You all are adults and should have that stuff for your own safety, and I am not responsible for your actions! However, by attending this event you agree that you have both valid insurance and are licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Oregon.

The time I plan on leaving McDonalds is 8:00am sharp. I will not wait for people to show up, so if you want to go, be there a little early. If you need food/coffee, plan on allowing for that. That start time will allow us to make a quick rest break about halfway out, and then allow us time to visit the Astoria Column (the currently planned route takes us right by it). If the group is big enough, we will split into two groups that morning.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I will answer them as soon as I can. Remember, if you have a question about something, someone else might too, so ask away.

This drive is only open to current S2000 owners, as well as contributing Oregon S2Ki members in Honda-powered sports cars.

Reply to this thread and let me know if you have a passenger to sign up. I need a headcount to let our lunch stop know prior to the day of.

Looking forward to getting out, enjoying some good company and running through some good backroads!

...................S2Ki Oregon - The fun starts here!

... James (jcconnox) + Meg
... Jimmie (jimboslice)
... Doug (Tual06s2k) + 1
... Aaron (Sabre)
... Dean (deanr)
... James (arsenal) + 1 --- tentative
... Huy (S2k_RN) + 1
... Ken (Ken1997tl)
... Dave (Wobster) + Lynn --- tentative
... Jason (S2k-2NV)
... Mike (djmike)
... Marc (S2000 Cabrio) + Rachel
... Brandon (sebringsilver2002ap1)
Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm definitely in, just gotta see if the wife wants to be a +1 or if she's working. I'll update you when i hear back.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sign me up!

I will most likely have +1 in some form or another!

Did you get out on the route yet? Are there any pot holes, loose gravel, or road construction that we need to worry about?
Old 03-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in, though Shonda won't be joining due to her knee as I don't think she could even get into the car at this point.
I may be +1 but unlikely.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tual06s2k
Did you get out on the route yet? Are there any pot holes, loose gravel, or road construction that we need to worry about?
I'll run it tomorrow and let you know.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Count me in for sure!...
Dean
Old 03-29-2016, 07:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I am in +1 as long as my rear end is done!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in. Probably +1
Old 03-30-2016, 08:33 AM

Are you planning on taking the S or the NSX?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey James, looks like I'll be riding solo. Miss has work that day and can't get it off.

Quick Reply: SATURDAY - APRIL 16 - Astoria