Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Another option for track days

Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts
Default Another option for track days

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/e...105&within=100

Half day instead of full. $150 3 sessions.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Looks like potentially a great alternative

The two times ive been to the Ridge to track I only ended up doing 4-5 sessions anyway due to the car or myself burning out. 3 sessions for $150 with SCCA may be the way to go for some of us. The other $150-$200 that would have been spent for track fee, can go to covering gas, food and a hotel room for that night! Plus can sleep in that morning, take your time driving down, eat and be fresh for 3pm sessions.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the information, I've been an ORP club member (and NASA PNW but it's discountinued) since 2012 and actively going to track events at both ORP and RMP but I am new to the S2000 community and never attended any event with SCCA. What is required to attend this event? I've looked at their website and it looks like they don't require aftermarket rollbar for night events
Old 06-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see that any pre-track day tech inspection is required. Is this just register and show up?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I should be clear I have never done a track day with these guys so I am not sure what is required.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Community Organizer

Nor have I.

This was something found that looked to be one of few alternatives to more affordable track time. I'm pretty sure there are a few members that have run with SCCA in the past, and would be nice if they could chime in and divulge a bit into what to expect. If not, people who are interested such as myself will just have to call them up and asks some questions. The website has a pretty good overview of what to expect, but there is still a few things im not totally sure about myself. I run a Cusco 4 pt roll bar, and would be good to get confirmation on with this for starters.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I could gather tech inspections happen day of. I was asking because I have a friend that drives at the ridge with a couple of the clubs and they all require pre-track day inspections by a 3rd party before you go your first time.

I may still register and show up but I am waiting until Monday to check out the forecast. If it still predicts rain I think I am going to skip this one and try the next one.

I am new here and to the S2k, I recently bought a BB my07. I've never driven on a track before in any car and I'm not sure I want to head out my first time in the rain.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:10 PM

Most of the organizations require you to become a member only you find a voucher/guess pass like ORP Club. SCCA website already mentions that the roll bar is not required for night events and for the most organizations S2000 is already exempt from the aftermarket roll bar requirement as far as I can tell
Old 06-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by glamcem
Most of the organizations require you to become a member only you find a voucher/guess pass like ORP Club. SCCA website already mentions that the roll bar is not required for night events and for the most organizations S2000 is already exempt from the aftermarket roll bar requirement as far as I can tell
Right, but in the past ive heard actual issue coming up with Cusco bars specifically, as far as being a bolt in type not being a (SCCA?)approved aftermarket bar, actually denying qualification to run over not having a bar at all. This may or may not be an issue for this specific event, but again this isn't clear to me at this point.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by glamcem' timestamp='1465704604' post='23991043
Right, but in the past ive heard actual issue coming up with Cusco bars specifically, as far as being a bolt in type not being a (SCCA?)approved aftermarket bar, actually denying qualification to run over not having a bar at all. This may or may not be an issue for this specific event, but again this isn't clear to me at this point.
I think we're all good Below is from directly from the SCCA's website :

Convertible Eligibility
It is highly recommended that all convertible vehicles be equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA Time Trials Rules. However, convertible vehicles may participate in Track Night events provided the vehicle meets at least one of the following criteria and is not subject to any of the below exceptions:

- The vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA Time Trials rules.

- The vehicle is equipped with documented factory installed roll over protection (examples of manufacture documented roll over protection would include hydroformed and reinforced a-pillars or windshield frames and factory installed roll bars and/or “pop-up” bars that are designated as roll over protection.

- The Vehicle is a 2006-year model or newer.

Exceptions: In addition, vehicles that were manufactured since 2006 that fall into any of the below categories must meet the criteria stated above for factory or aftermarket roll over protection:

- Vehicles equipped with factory V8 or forced induction engine

- Vehicles modified meaningfully beyond the factory performance potential (examples: engine swaps, aftermarket forced induction)

Note: Targa and T-Top vehicles are classified as "hard tops" and do not have to meet the terms and conditions of the convertible policy.

If you have concerns about the eligibility of your vehicle, please contact us at Jack@tracknightinamerica.com
FWIW, my car meets the requirements #2 and #3 but since we all the S2000s comes with factory hoops we all should be good

Quick Reply: Another option for track days