Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Auto-X Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Auto-X Thread

Welp another even to plan, but I figure this would be a good place to post future events for auto-x. First up, Evergreen autocross. Tentative planning to hit the March 26th one. Future events coming soon!

Also if you have any events you know of or are planning to attend, let us know
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

/subscribed
Old 03-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been attending the Evergreen AutoX events for about a year now. It's a great way to have fun. Typically the events are $60 and a pit pass for a friend or ride along is $10. The stands for spectators are free. . The big pull is usually the event last 8 hours and each person will typically get 12-15 runs of competition and then have time to do as many fun runs as they can before the track closes. Also, we have volunteers from WISE (Whidbey Island Sportscar Enthusiasts) to take care of course duty, so you don't have to chase cones at all. If I'm not racing, I'm usually volunteering with them.

As for tech, it's pretty basic. As long as you don't have leaks, your battery is secure, your wheel bearings are good and you don't have broken studs, you're good. They recommend a snell helmet, but a good DOT helmet is typically good enough. They are limited on helmets available to borrow, so it can be hit or miss if you don't have your own.

As as far as experience, none is required. There are typically plenty of folks that will offer to ride-along and help you with pointers if you ask them. It's billed by the manager as a track day with only a hint of competition. They only divide into 3 classes. RWD, FWD, and AWD. Top 3 in each class gets a trophy. They do timing with transponders that are included with the entry fee.

Overall, I like the atmosphere and it's a fun way to go out and take your car on track without the expense of a full road course.
The following users liked this post:
cj_in_seattle (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Wow that sounds like an absolute deal, especially with that many runs. How is the course typically set up? As a road course guy myself, the best thing I love about the S2000 is nailing the 4-3 heeltoe going into the corners. Sadly I have no exposure to AutoX other than seeing YouTube videos and thinking it is only a 2nd gear excursion. Looking forward to seeing how the cone side of the motorsport world works.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by sse2k
Wow that sounds like an absolute deal, especially with that many runs. How is the course typically set up? As a road course guy myself, the best thing I love about the S2000 is nailing the 4-3 heeltoe going into the corners. Sadly I have no exposure to AutoX other than seeing YouTube videos and thinking it is only a 2nd gear excursion. Looking forward to seeing how the cone side of the motorsport world works.

course setup varies. It usually changes each event. I have a couple videos of runs I did. There are probably a couple places I could downshift to 1st, but I stay in 2nd in an attempt to stay a bit smoother.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM

I'm looking forward to this! Can't wait to try a day with 10+ runs.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Making it a Sticky for you Auto X guys to chime in and coordinate upcoming events.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:16 PM

Here is the current Evergreen AutoX schedule for the Spring/Summer. There is an event Sunday, but it's already sold out but if you want to see how the layout is or how it works, spectators are free in the grandstand

Old 03-05-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this looks so awesome.

In.

Quick Reply: Auto-X Thread