Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Mount St. Helens Spirit Lake Highway Drive to Johnston Ridge

Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there! I may have a couple others show up with me.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmarks23
I will be there! I may have a couple others show up with me.
Awesome, I'll see you down at Gee Cee's Truck stop then with the others! Unless your in my area, hopefully I'll have a few join me at the Ash Way Park and Ride up north in Lynnwood! There's at least a group of two from facebook as well that I will be hiking the trail with once there to Harry's Ridge from Johnston Ridge. I think the weather looks like it might actually hold in the valley, we may get rained on at the top a little so bring at least a light jacket as it will also be cool up there. But it will be a good time!
Old 07-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Yeah i'm local. I will see you at the park and ride!
Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 PM

See you at the Ash Way Park and Ride off 164th!
Old 07-10-2016, 01:03 AM

I'll be going too but I'll have to leave a bit early since I work at 7. Any meet up point for south end?
Old 07-10-2016, 05:00 AM

Copy and pasting post for reference only.

Gee Cee's Truck Stop
123 Foster Creek Rd Toledo, WA 98591
Arrival Time: ~9:45 AM
Departing @ 11am SHARP down Spirit Lake Highway

Optional North End Meeting Point: Ash Way Park and Ride
16327 Ash Way Lynnwood, WA
7:15 AM Arrival, 7:30 AM Departure (Sharp)

**Please Note*: Drive was earlier today, Sunday July 10th, thanks to a small group that still showed up and braved the weather, which actually didn't turn out all that bad..other than light rain showers as was advertised.
Hey guys I'm wondering who might be interested in a drive this Sunday, July 10th to Mount St. Helens, Johnston Ridge via the Spirit Lake Highway. It is about a two hour drive down to Gee Cee's Truck Stop where we will all be meeting from the Ash Way Park and Ride up north off the Mill Creek 164th exit at the far north end of Lynnwood.

I am planning on the north enders meeting at the ash way park and ride there at 7:15 am, and then depending on who all is going, meeting up with some of the south enders at another "premeet" location before heading down to Gee Cee's truck stop in Toledo, Washington off exit 57 of I-5. We should arrive at the truck stop a little before 10:00 AM, and depart at 11:00 AM sharp. Anyone running later or coming from a different direction, or if the premeeting points don't do any good, can head straight to Gee Cee's truck stop to meet everyone before we depart to our destinations along the Spirit Lake Highway. If missing that, there are two more opportunities to meet up for those running late, meeting at the Forest Learning Center off mile post 33 or at the end of the highway at the Johnston Ridge Observatory. The route is fairly straightforward from the beginning of the Spirit Lake Highway, go straight and follow the signs, there will be exactly one turn I believe after the Forest Learning Center to get to the Johnston Ridge Observatory parking lot.

The first stop will be the Forest Service learning Center along mile post 33 of the Spirit Lake Highway, and we will stay there for as much as an hour, before heading all the way up to Johnston Ridge to the observatory at mile post 52. If we leave at 11AM and spend an hour at the forest learning center, I anticipate that we will be up to the Johnston Ridge observatory parking lot by about 1PM.

I have shortened the original post because I had issues with it and had to do a redo, but I may make it a bit more neat if I can. The main thing is that I would like to know who is all able to go, and so I am doing a list of those that think they can attend!

Parking: No pass is required to park, however to be able just to walk to the observatory and view the mountain, there is potentially an $8 fee that will require one pass for every three people. Last year we were able to get around this, but the first year we were not. If anyone wants to walk the trail or go into the observatory the fee is considered mandatory and usually there are rangers nearby on a busy day. I believe a National (Monument) Parks Pass would wave this fee, so bring it if you have one.

Predicted forecast Sunday, July 10th for Toutle, WA along the Spirit Lake Highway:
Am Clouds and PM Sun
High of69degrees F.
Chance of Rain, 20%
https://weather.com/...e+WA+98649:4:US

Added 7/9/16: Mount St. Helens/ Mountains Forecast:
http://forecast.weat...80#.V4Fbf_krLcs
http://www.mountain-.../forecasts/1000
~9,500 foot freezing level in the afternoon
Johnston Ridge Elevation: ~4,100 feet.
Light rain showers to be expected, possible afternoon sun breaks.
High ~50-52 F.

List of PNW S2KI members interested in going: Green = Washington, Blue = Oregon
1) EricJT7
2)FourStar91
3) 0bsolete
4) AP1_jesse
5) jmarks23
6) Kev_AP2

***Copy and pasting post for reference only***
Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM

Mount St. Helens Spirit Lake Highway Drive to Johnston Ridge-11lqlo5.jpg

My brother and I had a great time!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Thanks so much for going, it was great to meet you both and what a great time it was! I have a few pictures I'll have to post up here soon!! I was so exhausted today after yesterday though that I slept in pretty late. It was really cool that we got Kev_AP2 there too, I love this group so much, constantly meeting new people around the area who are always friendly and fun to talk to.

No exception on this drive last Sunday, hope to see you guys another time!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Mount St. Helens Spirit Lake Highway Drive to Johnston Ridge-txiymca.jpg
Originally Posted by EricJT7
Thanks so much for going, it was great to meet you both and what a great time it was! I have a few pictures I'll have to post up here soon!!
Sounds good! Here is one more!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by jmarks23
Originally Posted by EricJT7' timestamp='1468300841' post='24014429
Thanks so much for going, it was great to meet you both and what a great time it was! I have a few pictures I'll have to post up here soon!!
Sounds good! Here is one more!
Nice shot! That's a great area for a photoshoot, maybe another time we can fill in more of those empty spots in the picture with S2000's. This summer hasn't been typical with the sunshine, so maybe next year's drive to Johnston Ridge we can do more of a photoshoot haha. Still a great capture though!!

Quick Reply: Mount St. Helens Spirit Lake Highway Drive to Johnston Ridge