Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Mount St. Helens Spirit Lake Highway Drive to Johnston Ridge

Old 07-12-2016, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

_DSC4395 by S2000 Photography, on Flickr

_DSC4393 by S2000 Photography, on Flickr

_DSC4408 by S2000 Photography, on Flickr

_DSC4410 by S2000 Photography, on Flickr

_DSC4401 by S2000 Photography, on Flickr
Old 07-12-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricJT7
Nice pics!!! I made a short video of the drive

https://youtu.be/vSaTOf1lgDQ
Old 07-12-2016, 06:50 PM

Thanks, and great video you put together!!

I like how you wrote vtec over the speedometer at strategic times on the drive.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:53 PM

Thanks, and great video you put together!!

I like how you wrote vtec over the speedometer at strategic times on the drive.
I swear there was no speeding in the video
I just didn't want people to see how slow I drive
Old 07-12-2016, 07:00 PM

Thanks to all 8 of us that went in five vehicles (4 S2000's..and.. a KIA..I lent to my roommate and his girlfriend who went with us). Then left a pool...of water bigger than I'd ever seen..thankfully water instead of coolant as it had a new radiator put in just a week before after spewing coolant everywhere.

All 8 of us ended up hiking to Harry's Ridge, where it was raining and cold... and a fogged in view of the massive Spirit Lake (looked never ending in the fog), but there was at least a weather station!

Pictures will be to come, but there aren't too many that I took, because I have pictures like the..below..and then some..from sunnier days.

And by the way if anyone is looking to do another drive soon (possibly this weekend!), I'm up for another! As long as it doesn't take all week to organize..thinking of doing..the North Cascades Highway all the way up to Washington Pass! A two and a half hour drive each way from the Lynnwood/Mill Creek, or 3 hours from Seattle.
I would like to do another drive sometime, but I will most likely be busy this weekend. If you are planning an august drive somewhere please let me know so I can plan ahead!
Old 07-13-2016, 05:18 AM

Sounds good! I do have at least another week of vacation in August coming up at the very beginning of the month so that's definitely a possibility.

I'm willing to take suggestions on areas for the drive, but I was thinking North Cascades Highway to Washington Pass where there is a short hike to a viewpoint, as well as an (optional) 2 mile hike to Blue Lake. I don't think we'll see any wildfires as I saw last August when I drove through.

From the Lynnwood/Mill Creek area where I am, it is approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive each way in a straight shot. We would end up stopping in the New Halem area though or Diablo Lake as we stopped at the Forest Learning Center on the way to Mount St. Helens. Anyone wishing to could drive to Winthrop and make it into a multiple day adventure, but the approximate driving time there and back from the Ash Way Park between Mill Creek and Lynnwood to Washington Pass is 2 and a half hours each way. Factor in any time it takes to get up to Lynnwood/Mill Creek for the south enders.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:11 AM

Sounds good! I do have at least another week of vacation in August coming up at the very beginning of the month so that's definitely a possibility.

I'm willing to take suggestions on areas for the drive, but I was thinking North Cascades Highway to Washington Pass where there is a short hike to a viewpoint, as well as an (optional) 2 mile hike to Blue Lake. I don't think we'll see any wildfires as I saw last August when I drove through.

From the Lynnwood/Mill Creek area where I am, it is approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive each way in a straight shot. We would end up stopping in the New Halem area though or Diablo Lake as we stopped at the Forest Learning Center on the way to Mount St. Helens. Anyone wishing to could drive to Winthrop and make it into a multiple day adventure, but the approximate driving time there and back from the Ash Way Park between Mill Creek and Lynnwood to Washington Pass is 2 and a half hours each way. Factor in any time it takes to get up to Lynnwood/Mill Creek for the south enders.

I will be up for that drive if I'm free that day.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:23 PM

I missed this drive too If you guys are planning one for August, I'll totally join that one.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:29 PM

Well it sounds like there might be a little interest, if I were to do a N. Cascades Drive in early August! 5-10 cars would be great, though more are welcome.

Sorry you couldn't make the drive to St. Helens F-U-B-A-R, but the N. Cascades drive is an excellent one too with nice mountainous terrain and scenery--not to mention a windy road!