Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

spring/summer car projects?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled the car out of storage today -- didn't *believe* the amount of dust that collected

I pulled off the odlsway bar -- some pretty serious damage found, including broken welds on the mounts. Doesn't make me feel hopeful about installng an even stiffer bar
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...-montana-3000/

Nice OEM hardtop if someone wants one at a decent price. Could probably drive down to Sweet Grass to meet him, then drive back with it installed.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 AM

I finished polishing the AP2 headlights. Not 100% happy with how the 3M protective film went on - still too many bubbles - so I am going to redo those.

But first I will try to mount them up tonight. If we don't head to Canmore this coming weekend, then I'll try to find time to mount up the AP2 tails too.

Then I think the only thing I would like to grab are a pair of SOS hood dampers.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:07 PM

I hope to make time to trim some interior pieces to fit around my Hard Dog bar this spring.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saaboteur
Blix, I may be keen on a full engine gasket kit!

Sounds like you'll have fun with the build.
Sounds good... Just LMK what you need and I should have the entire block seals new in package. And whatever I dont use from the head side of things.

The build is fun, a definite learning curve but the end result will be worth it.

BTW you'll love the quality on the SOS dampers... and working on the car with the hood at 90!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM

AP2 headlights - done. AP2 tail lights - done. Tidy up auxiliary gauge wiring - done.

Car now insured and ready for summer driving! Well, almost. The AP2 headlights seem to be aimed very low, I think I need to adjust them.

But I did go for a quick blast late last night. Fun! Nice to be back after so many months. One other thing I want to do is get the car on the dyno again when it warms up some more. I did dyno it before, but not since adding the headers and the SOS big bore throttle body. It'll be nice to see if there are any tangible gains.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM

I would be interested in your dyno results. All I see for dyno numbers are ones done closer to sea level, and they all make my numbers seem so wimpy
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM

I'm sure our dyno numbers are pretty wimpy here too. What I don't have is a pre-supercharger, NA only dyno. I wish I had gone to the trouble of doing it, and am regretting it now. But SOS typically says they see 80-100rwhp gains with their kit. My car and dedbrd's car, both AP1s, both stage 1 kits, made about 270rwhp. His car is basically stock, my car at the time had Tanabe exhaust and cat delete. I believe his car was on the dyno with cat delete too. Now he has added just the throttle body, and I've added the J's Racing header and the throttle body. We intend to dyno again sometime in the coming months, hopefully on the same day back to back, so it should make for a decent comparison. I think SOS says 5-7hp on supercharged cars with their throttle body only. I'm hoping to see some tangible (10-12hp?) mid range gains with the header. The J's is supposed to be one of the few that actually does anything.

But it's all in the delivery of the power too, as to subjective feel. My stock C55 AMG (362hp, 376 ft lbs) feels tremendously quicker than my S2000 from a stop merely because the torque comes on so strong immediately, never mind that it weighs probably 700lbs more than the S2000. It's handy (for what it is) in the corners too but not in the way the S2000 is in the corners of course. I just wish our roads were nicer by some magnitude. Driving the S2000 today made me feel like I was being tossed around the car, physically more demanding!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM

ce28's went on yesterday, very happy with them, center caps for them should be here next week. Fixed my speedometer issue, yellowjacket ftl. Debating on buying a set of headers now

Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM

I need to install an oil catch can. The new tires are sticky enough that I blow a *lot* of oil into the intake
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/601...#entry14173304

Quick Reply: spring/summer car projects?