Puerto Rico S2000 Owners Puerto Rico S2000 Owners

Moving to PR

Old 04-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who did you ship through? I've got the quote from puerto rico car transport...
Old 04-08-2015, 03:50 AM

Rosa del monte. it took a couple weeks but i had no issues with them

Originally Posted by BearNVa
who did you ship through? I've got the quote from puerto rico car transport...
Old 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM

http://www.larosadelmonte.com/
Old 04-30-2015, 11:49 PM

I pay 1100 for the shipping and 3000 to get it out in pr
Old 05-03-2015, 08:46 AM

about 5k... pretty much a rip off but what am I to do... I'm not leaving my car in storage for years
Old 05-13-2015, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puerto Rico is nothing different from the states, people believe that the island is a Banana Republic or something when in reality some cities are even more advanced than some whole states in the mainland actually. There are American tire shops around the island and independent ones, u just have to do a google search on "tires", "gomas" or "gomeras", something will pop up and google maps will take u there. Most of those same tire shops provide alignment services and will cost around the same than in the states.

If u are not too attached to ur car sentimentally I suggest u sell it and buy one in the island, otherwise u will have to pay taxes, if u are planing on permanently move then u could just pay the taxes and keep ur car.

To get ur car u have to pay the taxes first, then u can access the vehicle, tax will be paid at the port when picking up the vehicle, not at the shipping port. To register the vehicle u have to do a vehicle inspection to the "Vehiculos Hurtados" (stolen vehicles) section on the police station, MAKE SURE U HAVE ALL THE VIN LABELS ON THE WHOLE CAR, or the receipts of the parts that dont have VIN labels u dont wanna go thru the trouble to get ur car shopped out of those parts without VIN labels, this is a big deal in the island. Also u gonna have to take it to an inspection shop to emissions test, if ur vehicle dont pass inspection or if u know ur vehicle dont pass inspection u could talk to the locals and ask for a shop that will do the inspection for u paying a lil extra.

Now, u have 30 days (legally speaking)to do all the paperwork and get it registered. The registration in total should be around $170 which will include bodily injury coverage and liability insurance that will cover up to $4,000 per accident to cover all vehicles involved, so if a driver hits 10 cars, those $4,000 will be splitted between all 10 cars from the newer to the oldest and the older the car the less money u get. With this being said, I would just keep my state plates, there are insurance compannies in the island that offer full cover and just renew ur registration online or by mail and get all the mail fowarded to the addres u will be at, this will be way cheaper and u will keep all ur papers up to the date. Police could stop u to ask u bout the plates, but police in the island are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than in the states, most people there are humble and MOSTLY they like to help, so they shouldnt give u any shits for that, my bro in law spent over a yr with FL plates and never got stopped.

So these are ur options, if u have any question bout anything just ask, I know alot of this because I was doing my investigation to bring my S2K to the island on vacations and thats how I found out all this... Good luck.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:16 PM

No se si en la pagina de hacienda da una cantidad diferente! Pero en el 2010 dec yo tenia q pagar 2485$ en tax! Al final page 0 por ser federal! Pero ese era el import tax en ese momento ! Carro tenia aros y 59mil millas del año 2000
Old 05-16-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xeuz26
No se si en la pagina de hacienda da una cantidad diferente! Pero en el 2010 dec yo tenia q pagar 2485$ en tax! Al final page 0 por ser federal! Pero ese era el import tax en ese momento ! Carro tenia aros y 59mil millas del año 2000
Si llamas a hacienda con el VIN ellos t dan cuanto es...
Old 12-09-2017, 04:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam Never realized you had to pay so much tax once you shipped it into Pr...for that price I would sell my s2000 here and just get a buy one in PR.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dat_Jerzy_Dude
Dam Never realized you had to pay so much tax once you shipped it into Pr...for that price I would sell my s2000 here and just get a buy one in PR.
how much you’re willing to pay for an S2000 here in the island? Because you can find one on fair condition from $12,000 and also there are others in excellent conditions for over $18,000 and as high as $28,000 if we are talking about a CR S2000.

Quick Reply: Moving to PR