S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Thoughts on this rear bumper issue?

Old 02-21-2017, 05:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thoughts on this rear bumper issue?

I looked at this s2k recently that had this weird rear bumper issue. As you can see in the attached picture, just right of the left tail pipe, the rear bumper sits higher than the other side. Almost looks deformed or warped. The owner said they were never in an accident and the carfax says that as well (although I know first hand carfax is not always right). And he didn't even realize the issue till i brought it up. And also, no VIN on the bumper/trunk suggesting something may have happened.
We both looked under the bumper and didn't see/feel anything weird about it. No scrapes/dents that would suggest it went over something or it hit anything.

Anyways, just wanted to get s2k experts' thoughts on this and whether or not this would be an easy fix.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on this rear bumper issue?-rear-bumper-issue.jpg  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ddong2lee
I looked at this s2k recently that had this weird rear bumper issue. As you can see in the attached picture, just right of the left tail pipe, the rear bumper sits higher than the other side. Almost looks deformed or warped. The owner said they were never in an accident and the carfax says that as well (although I know first hand carfax is not always right). And he didn't even realize the issue till i brought it up. And also, no VIN on the bumper/trunk suggesting something may have happened.
We both looked under the bumper and didn't see/feel anything weird about it. No scrapes/dents that would suggest it went over something or it hit anything.

Anyways, just wanted to get s2k experts' thoughts on this and whether or not this would be an easy fix.
there are two brackets that attach lower part of bumper to the body...looks like one is bent, should be easy fix
The following users liked this post:
ddong2lee (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

This car was definitely bumped in the rear at one point, the evidence is still there in the form of a damaged exhaust tip on the driver's side. I would investigate further if you are interested in the car. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
ddong2lee (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfreak
This car was definitely bumped in the rear at one point, the evidence is still there in the form of a damaged exhaust tip on the driver's side. I would investigate further if you are interested in the car. Good luck.
I didn't even notice that. Good eye. Thanks.