S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

DIY: Brake Bleed (Gravity Method)

Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Is this a repost of the original gravity bleed DIY that has been around for years? Or a new one?

Personally, I have used both this method and a vacuum pump. In the winter, you have to use a pump or it will literally take all day to bleed the rears. The cold makes the fluid too thick. But if it is warm enough, this method works great.
New DIY. I wasn't aware there was another gravity bleed diy with photos, but if there is then that's great. More people that contribute to the community the better.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wydget
Coffee anyone?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ
Originally Posted by thomsbrain' timestamp='1357173384' post='22242098
Is this a repost of the original gravity bleed DIY that has been around for years? Or a new one?

Personally, I have used both this method and a vacuum pump. In the winter, you have to use a pump or it will literally take all day to bleed the rears. The cold makes the fluid too thick. But if it is warm enough, this method works great.
New DIY. I wasn't aware there was another gravity bleed diy with photos, but if there is then that's great. More people that contribute to the community the better.
I agree, and your photos are great!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM

Wydget - the brake fluid in that bottle looks insane! It's almost like sludge build up haha. I'm surprised your brakes worked
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just started... front pass. taking foreverrrrr lol it's been half an hour!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by s1mba
Just started... front pass. taking foreverrrrr lol it's been half an hour!
Close the bleeder... get in the car and pump the brakes a few times. open it up again about a full turn then wait.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just finished! Lmao took forever... but the sight of that blue fluid coming out of the bleeder is so satisfying haha ...I ended up closing it and going out for a drive like someone suggested. Helped a little bit.. then I noticed that the mouth of the house was a little stretched so I cut a new fresh piece and that fit on tighter and sped up the process for some reason. I also kinda messed up the order.. I went front pass, front driver, rear driver and then rear pass. Shouldn't be a problem I hope.. about to go for a test drive!

EDIT: everything looks great. thanks for the write up!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you recommend this method over a two person pump session hehe. I heard with pumping, you can wreck the master b/c the master isn't use to being pressed that far. so do you think gravity is better.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by InVTEC
do you recommend this method over a two person pump session hehe. I heard with pumping, you can wreck the master b/c the master isn't use to being pressed that far. so do you think gravity is better.
It's really a matter of preference. Both methods will get the job done. This method takes the longest, but when done correctly gives you the best pedal feel. A lot of people do the two person pump method because it's faster, but that also has to be done correctly. It's easy to let air back into the lines that way if not done right.
If you have the patience then do gravity.

Quick Reply: DIY: Brake Bleed (Gravity Method)