S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Old coilovers on my new car, Buddy Club???

Old 03-25-2017, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old coilovers on my new car, Buddy Club???

Hi guys I recently purchased my first s2k, the previous owner didn't know what coilovers were on it. So I assumed they were just eBay coilovers because the car kinda rode like shit, which now I can see is just a blown front driver coilover. So they are the exact color scheme and have the sticker, which is worn. So my question is, are there any companies that make a coilover for our car that looks almost identical to buddy club coilovers? so what do you guys think.. Reps and get new coilovers or real buddy clubs and just get it rebuilt? Here's some pics
Old 03-25-2017, 05:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Find a serial number on them... that will tell you for sure.

but seeing as their blown, either replace them all or have a competent suspension shop rebuild them
Old 03-25-2017, 06:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Those are for certain Buddy Clubs, I had a set of the N+ Spec version with aluminum lower mount. You can have them rebuilt but not sure if it would be worth it based on their condition. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the replies, the other 3 are in good condition, it's just this one that would need to be rebuilt. Now to find a reputable suspension shop in VA
Old 03-25-2017, 06:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I ordered new dust boots and an adjuster from Heeltoe for my set, they have access to spare parts for Buddy Club.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
I ordered new dust boots and an adjuster from Heeltoe for my set, they have access to spare parts for Buddy Club.
Awesome thanks man I'll def look into them
Old 03-25-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

I wouldn't just rebuild one shock. Those look to have some miles on them. If you need them rebuilt, my best guess is that you'll need to send them to buddy club.

For the time/trouble/cost of a rebuild, I'd probably just opt to buy something else.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have some fortune auto 500 coilovers im trying to sell. They were just rebuilt by Fortune Auto last week.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Back before I knew much about shocks, I bought a set of Buddy Clubs for another car. I learned that the adjuster knob changes both compression and rebound damping at the same time. It may work on the glass-smooth roads in Japan but it doesn't work here.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by djsilverjohnson
Back before I knew much about shocks, I bought a set of Buddy Clubs for another car. I learned that the adjuster knob changes both compression and rebound damping at the same time. It may work on the glass-smooth roads in Japan but it doesn't work here.
Ehhhh....those things aren't true.

Buddy Club, and other companies sometimes use different damping and spring rates on coilovers for different markets. Not saying that's the case this time...but....manufacturers are aware the markets are different.

Lots of coilovers use a "single-dual" adjuster. Öhlins, for example. Or Tein. That doesn't make them only work on glass.

Anyway, OP's shock is leaking.

Quick Reply: Old coilovers on my new car, Buddy Club???