S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Why are Swift Springs an upgrade?

Old 08-15-2014, 06:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why are Swift Springs an upgrade?

I see that Swift brand springs are offered as an upgrade to many coilover systems. Can anyone explain why these springs are so special vs ordinary springs? I know they are made of some proprietary material, but is there anything else?

Do you guys think they are worth the extra $300 per set that vendors charge for them?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

We sell the Swift spring upgrade all the time. We have found a lot of people want to upgrade their coilovers and they regret not going with Swift in the first place. ( They ride in their friends on the track, etc. )

Yes, Swift uses their very own material. The springs also have less coils so the actual spring itself is lighter. Reacts to road/track conditions faster, but smoother.

They also feel softer at the same spring rate compared to the standard coilover springs by other companies. So when people ask for a more "comfortable" ride I suggest these. So they are the perfect balance between daily and a track monster. ( Best of both worlds. )

Also for anyone that has these springs or any Swift spring for a while know they do not "droop" over time like other brand springs.

They transform the entire coilover. If you ride on the same coilover in different cars and one has Swift and the other doesnt, the difference is noticeable.

BUT, unless you plan on going to the track or a decent amount of dragon runs, then maybe spending the $300+ wont be worth it for that person.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The idea of maintaining a higher spring rate while reducing harshness is intriguing to me. I'll have to keep an eye on these.

Any firsthand experience anyone has would be welcomed.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone that has them on their CR's loves them. There's a thread in the Cr section with first hand experience reviews.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 AM

Typically Swift springs will be closer to the advertised spring rate throughout the entire stroke of the spring. They also have little to zero sag, meaning they don't "settle" once installed. You're not just paying extra for the name, Swift makes some of the best automotive springs in the world.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

No they are not.

They are a great spring, but so is Eibach and H&R and others.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kami Speed
They also feel softer at the same spring rate compared to the standard coilover springs by other companies. So when people ask for a more "comfortable" ride I suggest these.

Also for anyone that has these springs or any Swift spring for a while know they do not "droop" over time like other brand springs.
Swift coilover springs feel softer because they ARE softer than other manufacturers at the same "rated" stiffness. Dynos show them to run about 1K lower than advertised.

They definitely WILL sag over time. Swift says this is "normal."

I wouldn't tell anyone to steer clear, but they aren't magic pixie dust either. The main benefit over Eibach or Hypercoil is reduced weight.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
The idea of maintaining a higher spring rate while reducing harshness is intriguing to me. I'll have to keep an eye on these.

Any firsthand experience anyone has would be welcomed.
Yes, I run the Buddy club race spec dampers which come with the 10k springs. 2 years ago I put in the 14k swift springs and was shocked at how compliant they were relative to the lesser 10k buddy club springs. I was expecting a bone jarring ride and it wasn’t at all. As what was mentioned, they are indeed more compliant then other springs at the same spring rate, and in my experience, even in the significantly higher spring rate. So higher spring rate but more bump compliant. Best of both worlds
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Originally Posted by Kami Speed' timestamp='1408118551' post='23288416
They also feel softer at the same spring rate compared to the standard coilover springs by other companies. So when people ask for a more "comfortable" ride I suggest these.

Swift coilover springs feel softer because they ARE softer than other manufacturers at the same "rated" stiffness. Dynos show them to run about 1K lower than advertised.

I wouldn't tell anyone to steer clear, but they aren't magic pixie dust either. The main benefit over Eibach or Hypercoil is reduced weight.
This runs contrary to the handful of comparisons I've seen on spring dynos.
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...gs-dynoed.html
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408370
Old 09-03-2014, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Originally Posted by Kami Speed' timestamp='1408118551' post='23288416

I dont know where you got your information from about rates being off or manufacturers having different rated stiffness, it is something that can be measured, also mine are spot on. I have 9kg & 11kg springs 8inch tall. got the springs dyno'ed when my shocks were rebuilt. They told me that these were one of the cleanest charts they have ever seen.

My left and right spring. The dyno looks like there is only one line, but if you look carefully you will see two lines one in blue one in red. these are the 11kg (614lbs)

Name:  springdyno1.jpg
Views: 15154
Size:  73.1 KB

and 9kg rate (500lbs)

Name:  9b7f2aed-2a2f-48eb-a6e2-24b55be49af8.jpg
Views: 15272
Size:  77.4 KB

Quick Reply: Why are Swift Springs an upgrade?