S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Advan RG-D 17x9 +60 Group Buy Interest Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Advan RG-D 17x9 +60 Group Buy Interest Thread

Hello fellow CR owners,

I wanted to start an interest thread to see how many people are interested in having Advan remake the RG-D in a 17x9 +60 size.

A few years ago, Science of Speed was able to have Advan make these wheels that matched perfectly for the S2000’s fender clearance, allowing a nonstaggered setup without any need for rolling fenders/relocating tabs. The wheels also looked great in my opinion, which is rare for most high offset designs. They are also a great setup for anyone in the autocross community.

I reached out to Evasive Motorsports via PM to see if they would be able to facilitate a group buy for these wheels, here was there response:

EvasiveMotorsports:
“definitely possible if enough interest. for advan wheel a little different from volks. for sure minimum is 10 sets. but theres a chance that it might have to be 100 pieces in order to be made. checking with japan to see how many they require for this one.

but yea. i would need you to start a thread and gather interest from people. most likely need arounud $1000 deposit and will take probably 5 months or so for a batch.”

Ideally, all three color options would be available. Most of the pictures I have found on CR’s are of black wheels.

Now, how many people would be interested in a set for their CR/S2000? (Copy and paste the list in your reply with your name added if you are interested)

1. Beard

Here are some pictures for reference that I’ve found on S2ki/Google. (If any of these pictures are of your personal car and you wish I remove them, please PM me and I will gladly do so.

*Moderators: If these is not the correct location for this thread, please PM me/move it to the appropriate place.

Apex:

Berlina:

Grand Prix: (Only could find pictures of the 17x9+45 version, dish will not be this deep)

Name:  DSC01137.jpg
Views: 3108
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  9063339534_b7fc1578cf_o.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  72.1 KB

Rio:

Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

This interest thread (even though it is posted by a guest) is allowed since the group buy would be supported by Evasive, who is an S2KI sponsor. Just clarification to whoever previously removed this thread.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

my question is will they still make these? only because the RG-D2 is being released soon
Old 06-28-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dedonderosa
my question is will they still make these? only because the RG-D2 is being released soon
When do they come out?
Old 06-28-2016, 01:56 PM

I haven't heard about the RG-D2, it would be great if the new wheel came in an offset like these.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Posting this here will really limit your exposure and therefore limit your possible buy-ins.

These wheels will likely fit non-CRs too.

I know what the deposit is, what's the total price? What do these wheels weigh?

Not sure why it bothers me so much but why is everyone so dead set on "going squared"?
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by freq
Posting this here will really limit your exposure and therefore limit your possible buy-ins.

Not sure why it bothers me so much but why is everyone so dead set on "going squared"?

As for weight, assuming they are made the same as they were a few years ago, they would be 17.6 lb per wheel. (Per SOS in the original group buy thread).

As for price, Evasive would have to chime in and let us know the exact amounts. I'd assume around 2k for the set looking at their other Advan group buy thread but thats a complete guess.

And yes, these will fit all S2000's, I posted this in the CR thread but could easily be posted else where. I just think they look really good with the factory CR aero.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Beard
Originally Posted by freq' timestamp='1467165156' post='24004906

As for weight, assuming they are made the same as they were a few years ago, they would be 17.6 lb per wheel. (Per SOS in the original group buy thread).

As for price, Evasive would have to chime in and let us know the exact amounts. I'd assume around 2k for the set looking at their other Advan group buy thread but thats a complete guess.

And yes, these will fit all S2000's, I posted this in the CR thread but could easily be posted else where. I just think they look really good with the factory CR aero.
They do look amazing.

I think the set on the ABP was recently for sale. I almost pulled the trigger. They are a staggered set.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/114...n-rg-d-wheels/
Old 06-29-2016, 04:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Originally Posted by Beard' timestamp='1467168344' post='24004935
[quote name='freq' timestamp='1467165156' post='24004906']

They do look amazing.

I think the set on the ABP was recently for sale. I almost pulled the trigger. They are a staggered set.

https://www.s2ki.com/...an-rg-d-wheels/
[/quote]

The first Rio pic is mine and my set is staggered. I love these wheels.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:46 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Gorgeous wheels for sure, ones I would love to have on my CR. I came VERY close to buying s2k4life's set a month or two ago, but unfortunately I needed to put the money towards other things.

Quick Reply: Advan RG-D 17x9 +60 Group Buy Interest Thread