S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Collectors Insurance

Old 01-04-2017, 05:35 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Pulled this from Grundy website. I don't recall getting a quote from them but there restrictions are something that I can easily live with. Going to get a quote.How Can I Use My Car?

Grundy wants you to enjoy your car, not keep track of mileage like some programs with limitations. Therefore, we give you unlimited miles for pleasure driving and in collector car-oriented activities. It is even OK if occasionally you drive your collector car to work to show it off to friends. However, your collector car must not be used as a daily driver. We require you and all licensed drivers in your household to have a modern car for everyday use.

When you have your car at home, it must be kept in an enclosed, secure garage when not in use. If you are away from home on extended outings your car is fully protected if you must park it outside, for example in a hotel parking lot. Grundy coverage includes Trip Interruption that reimburses you for hotel and repair costs in the event of a breakdown, and we also reimburse you for towing and labor charges up to $250. You can count on Grundy as you cruise.

Received an online quote from Grundy: $342/year.

Going to follow up on this tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 1,555 Likes on 924 Posts

Hagerty quoted me $672/year. I neglected to mention both quotes had a value of $27,000 for my stock non-CR 2009. Both were driving 6000 miles a year. Perfect record for entire household. 500 deductible with Hagerty.

From the website. Will call and talk to them at some point after I take care of wind/storm issues at home.Flexible Usage

Classic and collector cars were made to be driven. Whether you’re going to a show or just taking a cruise to the ice cream shop, you’re protected. If you have specific questions about your car or usage, please don’t hesitate to call.

USAA does have a collectors insurance program but it is restrictive: No pleasure driving at all. Only to car shows and events.

Last edited by cosmomiller; 01-04-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm likely going to be going with collectors insurance for my car once it's back on the road, but one question I had for anyone who has experience with claims going through these companies: what were your issues (if you don't mind me asking), and how was the process? Was it a battle to get what you were paying for like with most insurance companies, or was it a pleasant experience?
Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Born2Drive
I'm likely going to be going with collectors insurance for my car once it's back on the road, but one question I had for anyone who has experience with claims going through these companies: what were your issues (if you don't mind me asking), and how was the process? Was it a battle to get what you were paying for like with most insurance companies, or was it a pleasant experience?
That's one of the best questions when you're looking at this type of insurance. I don't believe that many people on these forums have experienced claims on the collector car policies. I can tell you that the one claim I had which was a glass coverage claim was handled quickly with no push back, even after I asked for an OEM windshield replacement.

Your best bet if you're looking for feedback on experienced with actual claims is to hit Google and start looking into the companies. I did a bit of that when I was shopping for my policies and I seem to remember both companies being pretty decent to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
Born2Drive (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
That's one of the best questions when you're looking at this type of insurance. I don't believe that many people on these forums have experienced claims on the collector car policies. I can tell you that the one claim I had which was a glass coverage claim was handled quickly with no push back, even after I asked for an OEM windshield replacement.

Your best bet if you're looking for feedback on experienced with actual claims is to hit Google and start looking into the companies. I did a bit of that when I was shopping for my policies and I seem to remember both companies being pretty decent to deal with.
Thanks for the info, that's good to hear. I'll definitely have to do a little digging then.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I applied with Grundy. Let's see what I get for $35,000 value.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:27 PM

Well I got Grundy to insure my CR. Very reasonable and no argument on value.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az

That is awesome! I am going to have to give them a call.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Originally Posted by mmoore9700
That is awesome! I am going to have to give them a call.
Ditto that Any restrictions to speak of?
Old 02-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Car must be garaged, must have another DD, and pick your mileage limit. I picked 7500 but I will never even get close to that as I've averaged less than 4K miles or less a year.

Quick Reply: Collectors Insurance