S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR parts/car pricing questions here

Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be selling my 08 BB CR soon.
It has 42,500 miles, and pretty much everything is stock or can be returned to stock.
My question is that I was involved in an accident 2 years ago.
Front bumper and passenger side headlight was replaced.
Front lip and passenger side fender were repaired.
To me, the repair was perfect, and no frame damage. But the cost was about $10,000.
So I am just wondering how much hit will I be taking, and what's a realistic price should I be looking at

Thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Low to mid 20's I imagine based on mileage, prior history and car color.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

I do not see the damage you described costing $10k to repair. Not even $5-6k. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Seeing the recent trend of skyrocketing CR prices, you just might get lucky and sell it to a dealership for $22-24k range. I don't think you'll find a private buyer willing to pay that much considering an accident history.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info
Here's some image I took
CR parts/car pricing questions here-laeongr.jpg
CR parts/car pricing questions here-rxioocb.jpg
CR parts/car pricing questions here-sqzwpvd.jpg
Old 06-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
I don't think you'll find a private buyer willing to pay that much considering an accident history.
Is this true?
Basically that's my question. How much am I to be expecting to sell privately with the accident
Old 06-04-2014, 04:43 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokingTSX
Originally Posted by Orjinal' timestamp='1401924134' post='23190209
I don't think you'll find a private buyer willing to pay that much considering an accident history.
Is this true?Basically that's my question. How much am I to be expecting to sell privately with the accident
Actually the price range I quoted was for a private party sale. I imagine a dealership would lowball you to 18k or less. I imagine this forum would be your best option for a quick sale, especially with your full disclosure of the prior damage.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokingTSX
Originally Posted by Orjinal' timestamp='1401924134' post='23190209
Is this true?
Basically that's my question. How much am I to be expecting to sell privately with the accident
That's just my opinion. It may or may not be true. But most people I know in person that are looking to buy a CR, other people on this forum and myself included would pass on a CR that was involved in an accident. Now someone that is looking for a track toy or a daily driver would probably not mind an accident history since the car's main purpose is to be driven and not be a garage queen. I'd suggest you start high on the price($26k range) and act accordingly to the interest/offers you're receiving. It's Summer and you have a sought after car, so I don't see you having much of a trouble selling it at a good price.

From the pictures you posted the only possible damage I can think of that would cost ~$10k to repair is the crash beam that's right behind the front bumper may have shifted or pushed in the frame rails. But you said there was no frame damage so idk.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Originally Posted by SmokingTSX' timestamp='1401928141' post='23190281
[quote name='Orjinal' timestamp='1401924134' post='23190209']I don't think you'll find a private buyer willing to pay that much considering an accident history.
Is this true?Basically that's my question. How much am I to be expecting to sell privately with the accident
Actually the price range I quoted was for a private party sale. I imagine a dealership would lowball you to 18k or less. I imagine this forum would be your best option for a quick sale, especially with your full disclosure of the prior damage.
[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as well Steven. And to Orjinal's point, it's summer, beautiful weather, regardless of that accident, the car has been well cared for. I don't think you will have a problem selling it for a fair value.

Dealer trade in will be nothing. The most I was able to get as an offer was upper TEENS on mine.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are those crazy scratches or reflections or clear bra? That's not a $10,000 repair either not even close.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

To a person like me, I wouldn't mind it having an accident on its history as Orijinal pointed out. In fact i am actually looking at one right now. As long as the car tracks straight and there was no serious damage, looking at your pictures it looks like it was involved in the same kind of accident. My car will be an autocross car. You can get it fixed and start off high in the price range and see what offers you can get.

Quick Reply: CR parts/car pricing questions here